InnoSetup

Guest DAvenger

Guest DAvenger

Hey,

Just found out that there is a new version of InnoSetup with LZMA compression. I mailed Christian to upgrade ASAP ;)

Expect 20-35% drop in filesize of the setup (btw. all files have to be unUPXed, it kills LZMA)

Hopefully, those of you with slower Internet connections or traffic limits will benefit from this :D

Have a look at NSIS

NSIS 2 RC1 supports the LZMA compression method. This is is the default compression method of the 7-Zip archiver by Igor Pavlov. With his help, we have been able to integrate LZMA compression.

The compression ratios provided by LZMA are often 20% better than the ratios provided by bzip2.

You can choose between three different integrated compression method (ZLib, BZip2, LZMA). NSIS is the only installer system that features intergrated LZMA compression. This new compression method often gives better results than any other compression method. You don't have to use large self-extracting archive modules or other applications. The compression support is included in the 34 KB overhead.

NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a tool that allows programmers to create such installers for Windows. It is released under an open source license and is completely free for any use.

Steffen

Guest Michael

wait until the new LiveUpdate ;-)

here's a tool i made to allow making diff fixes for binary files, as i haven't found any freeware tool that would fit my needs...

pre beta preview version -> http://eon.ip-switch.de/bdiffp.rar

it needs some tuning... but you already can make patchfiles ( should make a patchfile which will be between 10-20% of the normal executeable ) and you can ZIP/RAR/ LZMA the patchfile... this should drop the size by another 50%...

try using precision 4 to get nice speed... or 5 to get the smallest patchsize :huh:

and don't be afraid .... the LiveUpdate will have a frontend.... :)^_^

@davenger... you could try making diff files of a whole radlight package... but pls unupx them before...

Guest DAvenger
@davenger... you could try making diff files of a whole radlight package... but pls unupx them before...

You know the link to the nightly builds :huh:

Commandline is nothing for old people :)