Error 0X80040218 - Unable to Render

Ian C

Experimenting with Windows 7 caused a catastrophic failure (corruption) on my main system, Windows Xp SP3.

Re-installed my Win Xp SP3 and all seems to be fine BUT>>

Having downloaded and installed DVBViewer 4.1.1.1 everything appears OK but there is no picture and I get the message

"DVB Pro Error - CANNOT RENDER MEDIAFILE/OUTPUT PIN 0x8004218, Error: NO COMBINATION OF FILTERS CAN BE FOUND TO RENDER THE STREAM"

DVBViewer 4.0.1 was working fine bfore the crash... Am I missing something or has the re-installation of Win Xp SP 3 omitted something.

So far as I can ascertain all my system parameters are the same as before the failure.

Can anyone assist in my diagnosis please??

Thanks Ian Clarke..

post support.zip

Usual a driver/ mpeg decoder problem.

if your look under options, directX, does it menten auto, change that and select a specific device.

Experimenting with Windows 7 caused a catastrophic failure (corruption) on my main system, Windows Xp SP3.

Re-installed my Win Xp SP3 and all seems to be fine BUT>>

Having downloaded and installed DVBViewer 4.1.1.1 everything appears OK but there is no picture and I get the message

"DVB Pro Error - CANNOT RENDER MEDIAFILE/OUTPUT PIN 0x8004218, Error: NO COMBINATION OF FILTERS CAN BE FOUND TO RENDER THE STREAM"

DVBViewer 4.0.1 was working fine bfore the crash... Am I missing something or has the re-installation of Win Xp SP 3 omitted something.

So far as I can ascertain all my system parameters are the same as before the failure.

Can anyone assist in my diagnosis please??

Thanks Ian Clarke..

Benarty,

Many thanks for your expert advice. I did have several codecs on my system, Ligos and ffdshow, included, but for some reason they were not manifesting. I downloaded a codec pack from CODECS.COM and BINGO!!! all sprang to life.

Investigating the loss of the original Elcard Codecs the directory was there but the files. . . . gone.???

I have been a user of DVBViewer for some 5 years now and find it to be a superior alternative to all the others.

Once agian, sincere thanks for your invaluable help.

Kindest regards,

Ian Clarke.. (Happy Bunny)

Edited by Ian C