Recording errors

I'm trying to record radio through my Nova DT DVB tuner on Vista Ultimate SP2, the recording sdervice is working, epg is too and it can see the hardware (both tuners) but all the files recorded are erroring, example attached. I'm located in the UK and am trying to record BBC radio.

Hope someone can help because this product looks ideal for my purposes.

I tried to upload my supporttool.zip but it's 1.71 Mb and the attachments programme says it's too big.

2009_06_21_BBC_Radio_4_Analysis.log

my guess: poor reception for this channel.

That's what I thought, so I tuned in via DVBViewer and it was breaking up, so I fiddled with settings and set "Audio Output B" which cleared it up. Tried a recording again and it was still bad. If I tune in via Windows Media Center the channel is fine. I couldn't find anything which explained what the audio output setting means or how to apply it to the recording service.

Thanks so far.

The recording service writes the data as it comes. it doesn't change it (at least in TS mode), it doesn't use any audio decoders or whatever.

Please try recording in TS format. If it works, we have something for griga to study, because then there is a problem with the mp2 writer...

there is something wrong with your receiption. you might not hear it, because the decoders try to cover it up, but the datastream has problems and I'm quite sure if windows media center would present more than some flashy graphics (maybe some real informations about the streams) you would see the same in a recording there.

You could try to analyze the transponder (frequency) in transedit (-> membersarea). It does show you if there are any stream errors in the reception.

I've just recorded from Radio 4 in .ts and .mp2 format for 30 minutes from DVB-T and DVB-S (all 4 simutaneously) with 0 errors on all recordings.

You could try to analyze the transponder (frequency) in transedit (-> membersarea). It does show you if there are any stream errors in the reception.

Will try. Thanks.

I couldn't see any stream errors but the green bar in DVBViewer shows signal strength at 50% (I'm assuming this is what it means?) so I guess I need to look at reception.