Diseqc problem with DVBVIEWER 4.1.1.1

miro111hrzg

Best regards,

I have to report you next problem;

I used DVBViewer 3.9.4.0. and earlier on windows vista home premium and everything worked fine, until I decided to upgrade to currently latest version DVBViewer 4.1.1.1 .

I have 2 lnb-s, one for Astra 19,2E and the other for Hotbird on 13,0E and cables of both lnb's go to one switch(outside of house), so diseqc settings which worked fine on DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 were "simple A" for Astra 19,2E and "simple b" for Hotbird 13,0E.

But when I installed ver 4.1.1.1 I could only perform succesfully search for one satelite - astra.

I didn't had signal or any channels found on hotbird except sometimes when signal was weak and DVBViewer found 20 same channels which were already found and they are actually on astra!

I reinstalled card drivers, reinstall vista OS , but it is still the same.

I also took card to another pc with windows xp and with the same DVBViewer ver.4.1.1.1 and problem was still the same.

So I downgraded to obviously latest stable version 3.9.4.0. on vista for my card until i found solution.

In the DVBViewer 4.1.1.1 update log I saw that diseqc options of software were changed a lot , but some improvement are currently really bad for my K-world dvb-s 100 card.

Card has bda driver and appearing like "Digigo BDA device....."

Can you suggest me what to do because I changed all possible diseqc settings and I always have signal only on one satellite!

thanks.

Edited by miro111hrzg

AFAIK DVBViewer has never explicitely supported DiSEqC with KWorld DVB-S devices. So I'd say it works in 3.9.4 by accident. Now we have to find out which accident it was :)

Please try TransEdit 3.3.4 and read the installations instructions. In case of a TransEdit update go to Settings -> Hardware and perform "Detect Devices" and "Save" after having replaced TransEdit.exe by the new version.

I've added a "DigiGo" detection in this version and linked it to the general DiSEqC handling for devices with Conexant chipset. Now let's see what it does...after launching TransEdit for the first time (resp. performing the device detection) and closing TransEdit a "Vendor.0=17" entry should be present in the [Hardware] section of the file TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Configuration Folder). Please check it.

• 4 months later...

Hello and sorry for the delay in answers, I finally get more time now to see and recheck DVBViewer settings.

Problem with Kworld device still exists in newest DVBViewer version 4.2.1.0., I tried to detect and save device in transedit, but it not works.

I mean card was listed in transedit but I clicked detect once again and save it , but still nothing!

There is something newer since last time; when I select searching channels on Astra 19,2, I get 309 channels from Hotbird. ;)

I also attempt to delete ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll like it's suggested , but I couldn't find that file on pc.

Let me know if there is something I can do more.....

Here is the latest support.zip from the system where everything is installed:

Also few informations that may be useful:

motherboard : ASROCK s.775 conroe 1333-d667 R1.0 , i945GC BUS 1333mhz , VGA onboard (disabled), serial ata II, 7,1 sound , LAN, DDR2, mATX

graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 3600 series with driver 8.620.0.0

support.zip

Edited by miro111hrzg

Well, according to the support files TransEdit does what it is supposed to do. It detects the K-World device as Conexant compatible and applies the according DiSEqC method. However, I don't know for sure if it is the right one. ;)

I also attempt to delete ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll

Not used and not needed in this case.

so diseqc settings which worked fine on DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 were "simple A" for Astra 19,2E and "simple b" for Hotbird 13,0E.

Have you already tried the Pos/Opt settings? Please read more about it here:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/DiSEqC.html

Thanks for response and cooperation, I will check it and let you know tomorrow.

(pc configuration about we talk - it's not my pc , it's my dad's htpc , I will access it tomorrow)

If you think it's not a point about a big problem, there is a big chance it will be solved, I hope...

So , maybe it works on windows xp, but on vista not, he's using vista home premium right know.

Edited by miro111hrzg

Here why,It may be funny and ridiculous, but after each testing with version 4.2.1.0, I always must downgrade to 3.9.4.0 so we can watch SAT TV on both lnb's until problem with newest version is fixed. ;)

sO That was the obvious reason why I get download limit error from your servers - too much "Install and download" in short time.

It says limit will expire on Monday.

Nevermind,

I will test it now under windows7 with the same driver and older (original cd driver ) and then we will see.

Maybe will 4.2.1.0 work with older driver.

Unfortunately, I'm forced to take windows vista down because my pioneer dvr-107d device mysteriously disappeared with error:

code 39 - device driver is corrupted.

I really never had such problem and first time that message occured was when I unninstalled kworld dvb-s card driver LOL!

but after each testing with version 4.2.1.0, I always must downgrade to 3.9.4.0

Hmm??? Why don't you keep the setup.exe on your hard disk or some other storage medium???

It may be funny and ridiculous

Re-downloading DVBViewer for each installation *is* funny and ridiculous!

No, I have both setup.exe on desktop - ofcourse . But transedit.exe is not in main setup.exe package right?

Each time in installation I set download and install option for transedit and manual , that caused download limit.

--

I test it with Windows 7 now, with all diseqc options (including those pos/opt) - inside DVBViewer, separately, first with old V4.0.108.2 and then with new V6.0.1020.4 kworld drivers and it's not working! :(

The same is happening like on vista - I have only hotbird channels.

is there anything else I can try?

PS If you added digigo card in program database like you said here., I suppose I can change diseqc settings directly from new DVBViewer without downloading and going to transedit.exe, am I right?

Edited by miro111hrzg

You are really doing strange and useless things... :(

But transedit.exe is not in main setup.exe package right?

TransEdit is a separate download (see members area). It's enough to store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (see manual). You don't have to use options in the DVBViewer installer. You don't have to use the DVBViewer installer for installing TransEdit.

If you added digigo card in program database like you said here

I didn't add DigiGo cards to a data base, and I didn't say it. TransEdit is a separate, independent application. If I make something work in TransEdit, it doesn't mean that it will work in DVBViewer. It's just a test. There is no common data base for DVB devices.

So, does DiSEqC work in TransEdit or does it not?

Okay, I'm really sorry I'm doing strange things, but reason was I didn't knew that both applications are deeply separate.

I thought if I change diseqc options in transedit, they will be also saved in DVBViewer settings, but I was wrong.

As longer as I can remember, no , card didn't worked with all diseqc options in transedit, still, if there was some combination

Answer is I am unable to perform any further tests with Transedit.exe because currently I don't have that application on my pc(it's unninstalled) , I have to wait Monday to get privilegie to download it from your base, or maybe you can send me that app on PM so we can speed whole process.

Edited by miro111hrzg

Alright, I downloaded Transedit 3.5.0.0. and made tests with kworld device.

You can select none, simple a, simple b , all pos/opt options and you will always find all channels from hotbird.

On the other side, you can select all those diseqc options for astra , and situaton is the same - no channels found.

All test were performed by running transedit.exe from folder on desktop, without removing DVBViewer 3.9.4.0. :blush:

Damn not working! ;)

@ Griga, Let me know if there is something else I can do to help to resolve this problem.

Something might helps - diseqc options works great on old DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 , I added third lnb for Astra 28,2e, and changed my diseqc switch outside, so now it's 4X1 switch from rogetech communication (see the link)

with next options:

Hotbird 13,0e -> Simple A

Astra 19,2e -> Simple B

Astra 28,2e -> PosA/OptB

Now it's big possibility that old version will also work with four lnb's!

On card it says it's Diseqc 1.X compatibile.

Hm.. still, why it don't works on new DVBViewer?!

It's hard to track down what makes it work in DVBViewer Pro 3.9.4, because there never was a specific K-World detection. Maybe a lot of different things have to be tested.

Please try the following in TransEdit:

1) Launch TransEdit. Click Info -> Configuration Folder (opens an Explorer window).

2) Close TransEdit.

3) Open TransEdit.ini with a text editor (Notepad). Find the [Hardware] section.

4) Within the [Hardware] section, change the Vendor.0=17 entry to Vendor.0=2. Save the changed file.

5) Re-launch Transedit, try different DiSEqC settings.

If this doesn't work, you may also try Vendor.0=0 (though I doubt that it does the trick).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally we moved from the zero!

Yes, Vendor.0=2 does the trick so now 4 lnb's working in transedit 3.5.0 with next settings:

(cables outside in switch --> diseqc settings in transedit)

PORT1 Astra2 --> SimpleA

PORT2 Astra1 --> PosB/OptA

PORT3 Hotbird --> PosA/OptB

PORT4 Thor --> PosB/OptB

I also maked tests with Vendor.0=0 , only works with PORT1 - lnb from astra 2, and it works no matter what diseqc option you choose.

But now I have two questions more :) ;

before this test with transedit 3.5.0, I already make with 3.9.4.0 to work with four lnbs, physically port settings of diseqc cables in switch were the same, only difference is that astra1 on PORT2 could work with more logical option to me - simple b, now it can't work with it, must be on PosB/OptA, why?

And last question, what it actually means that vendor code in the .ini file?

Is it have matter with card detection , driver or what?

Thanks.

must be on PosB/OptA, why?

Read this:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%2....html#Selection

And last question, what it actually means that vendor code in the .ini file?

Is it have matter with card detection , driver or what?

Entering the vendor manually in the TransEdit.ini overrides auto-detection. It's not possible in DVBViewer Pro, but I will inform Lars about the matter, so the next DVBViewer Pro Version will auto-detect your device correctly (the next TransEdit version will auto-detect it anyway).

Thanks, let them know for the Kworld DVB-S 100 that vendor is Vendor.0=2.

What is also confusing but maybe worth of mention, is that card appearing like digigo bda device.....

Maybe, if we can somehow detect vendor from the old DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 version, we would make it fully compatible for the work as before version 4.0.

But I'm not shure what's the best option of vendor, we would need to make it work with 8 lnb's to see what will happen ;)