Fall-over to next available tuner

CX23882-19

Sometimes, I'll have a tuner that won't tune, even after setting 10 seconds between retune attempts. In these circumstances it would be nice if the Recording Service would fall to the next available tuner (after say 10 attempts at tuning).

e.g.

Want to tune weak transponder

Try Tuner 1 (attempt 1)

No signal, wait 10 seconds

Try Tuner 1 (attempt 2)

No signal, wait 10 seconds

(attempt 10)

No signal, try next tuner

Try Tuner 2 (attempt 1)

Signal lock

The reason I'm requesting this is that I have 3x Nova-S-Plus tuners and very occasionally I will see that it gets "stuck in a rut" of trying to tune a particular transponder and endlessly attempts with the same tuner. The ability to try a different tuner would be nice. Who knows, perhaps there's some enormous pigeon taking a dump on the LNB, and all tuners will fail to tune, but it would be nice to know for sure and exhaust all possibilities to get successful signal acquisition.

Edited by CX23882-19
  • 1 month later...

Is anybody else seeing this problem with the Nova-S-Plus (or Nova-S2-HD, HVR-3000 or HVR-4000) very occasionally creating 0kb recordings, with endless retries?

I've got the "restart if no data for 60 seconds" ticked in the service configuration, but it doesn't help in this case.

Hi,

Is anybody else seeing this problem with the Nova-S-Plus (or Nova-S2-HD, HVR-3000 or HVR-4000) very occasionally creating 0kb recordings, with endless retries?

it seems to be a driver problem of the TV card. Do you have enabled "Reset after Standby" in the recording service setup? If it's selected, the driver of the TV card is restarted after standby/hibernate. In most cases this wil help.

Regards

Prinz

Edited by Prinz