No image or sound

Viracocha

I just bought this program as a replacement for the default one which came with my tuner card but i can't get it to work. It found the tuner card (Hauppauge 1300 PCI card) and found 41 digital channels when scanned, but when i try to view one of those channels it just displays black with no sound. I get the on screen display and 'No EPG data available' which scrolls away but no error messages or anything. I've tried downloading new codecs and changing the directx renderer (EVR, WMVR7, WMVR9, Overlay etc...) but that didn't change anything.

WinTV7 which i downloaded from the hauppauge site works fine as does windows media center, i tried copying the settings from those programs for DVBViewer but with no luck.

Windows 7 x64

DVBViewer Pro 4.1.1.1

Hauppauge 1300 (driver version 2.123.27056.0 (25/02/2009))

ATI Radeon x1950 (using windows 7 default drivers as ATI don't have any for this card and vista ones don't work)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

2g ram

support.zip

After a load of work i've discovered...

It's not a codec issue - DVBViewer plays mpeg2 encoded movie files, and any other files i have codecs for fine.

It's not a video card/driver problem - DVBViewer displays normal movies in all settings, EVR, WMVR7, WMVR9, Overlay, etc...

It's not a tuner card issue - Other tv tuner programs work fine and DVBViewer is able to find the card and channels.

For some reson it just can't plug them all together, and with no error messages or any indication of a problem other then no image or sound, i'm at a loss.

Due to a load of other things annoying me beyond any rational mindset, i'm going to dump windows 7 and go back to XP x64. Hopefully DVBViewer will work properly then ;)

Due to a load of other things annoying me beyond any rational mindset, i'm going to dump windows 7 and go back to XP x64. Hopefully DVBViewer will work properly then :rotfl:

Don't trust Win 7 until its *REAL* RTM version is released! Use its senior in the meantime : 64-bit Vi$ta!