Strange "dots" on-screen

EnzoF1

Right,

I haven't encountered this before or maybe I just started to notice it recently, but I have strange dots on my screen in DVBViewer. When moving DVBViewer around on my desktop, the dots remain on the exact same place, so it's related to DVBViewer and not my screen. I tried all kind of different encoders, no change. I tried different render types, no change. I combined the previous mentioned options and still no change. I can't take a screenshot of it, so I tried to duplicate it in photoshop. This is how it looks like:

examplej.jpg

Any ideas....¿

Have you tried different renderers?

Overlay, vmr7 , vmr9, Vista Enhaced?

Alsways the same result?

Should not happen under Overlay mode.

Have you tried different renderers?

Overlay, vmr7 , vmr9, Vista Enhaced?

Alsways the same result?

Should not happen under Overlay mode.

I already mentioned that I already tried that, no change.

Well obvious the first thing would be: Disable the subs. Does it go away?

The subs are hardcoded, so I can't try that. But it's not just when subs are showing, it's pretty much all the time and it looks as if it's goes from the bottom to the top of the screen....

Anyone else with suggestions¿ Could this be a problem in DVBViewer itself or is it really related to renderers and/or codecs¿ Because I haven't changed anything since I installed DVBViewer and my codecs and I only noticed the dots recently. They could've been there all the time and I never noticed it. It is starting to get annoying though and it's only when viewing live video.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close this off: Apparently it has to do with the res of DVBViewer. I increased the screen resolution of DVBViewer and it seems to have sorted itself. So if anyone else has this issue and gets the same amount of assistance solving this problem as I did *sigh*, then just increase or decrease the res of DVBViewer.

the res of DVBViewer
What do you mean with that? DVBVwiever haven't a "own" resolution... I'm rather guessing you would meant the res of your video card...

If that's true then the dots you mention are - most probably - a "defect" due to a unlucky combination of your video card/video driver/output device settings (or something similar in that area), right as you reported after... That's can also explain why nobody could help you (...we all are sorry for this... B)): probably no one has never had this kind of problem (at least I've never seen it in the english part of the forum)... I would also humbly remind you that this is a volunteer/enthusiastic forum, not a commercial support...

But I'm glad you sorted out the problem and wanted to share the solution with DVBViewer community...

A little hint on similar problems: also the monitor frequency setting could have strange/bad impact on how the screen is displayed; to give a obvious example, setting 85Hz as screen freq. often lead to a less smooter vision than 50, 75 or 100Hz...

:bounce:

No no, it's not a problem with my video card or any other hardware/software. Apparently it has to do with the size of the video screen. For example, showing the screen on 25% would give those dots, showing it on 50% wouldn't show the dots. Because I didn't have the issues in fullscreen, only when the screen was minimized. That's what I meant with the resolution of DVBViewer, eventhough I know it doesn't have a default res. I was talking about the size of the window/video screen.

And yes, I know that everything is done by volunteers, but I started only two threads in this forum since I purchased DVBViewer and both times I didn't get any help whatsoever. That's the entire thing, I paid 15 euro (well worth it btw) for the software, so I do expect some sort of support. If it would've been open source / freeware, I wouldn't be expecting any support whatsoever.

Edited by EnzoF1
No no, it's not a problem with my video card or any other hardware/software
AFAIK DVBViewer won't make any down or up scaling by itself but it call DirectX functions, so it's a video card (and his sw/settings) load... I'm sure 100% that you can't reproduce those dots on a PC with different HW or simply with a different video card...

both times I didn't get any help whatsoever
...you'd better have to say you «didn't get any "solution ready-to-use"»...

I assume you are cleaver enough to immagine that other people witch don't seat on you chair can't guess enough to directly solve issues your PC can have, and reading your past posts doesn't seems that you was totally ignored...

Moreover it seems you never considered the advise: Always follow these instructions. Otherwise no one can - or wants - to help you!. (...but don't expect any magic from that!)

...without any angry with you...

:bounce:

No, I didn't get any help whatsoever. I did see people asking questions which I already answered in my opening post and I fail to see how the support tool was going to help me, as it is not related to my hardware and/or setup. I'm 500% sure that it's not related to my hardware, because I used this setup for a very long time now and I only started to notice it just recently. Funnily enough, the size of DVBViewer was altered recently as well, before that I never had any issues.

So yeah, the problem has been solved. I did not receive any help whatsoever (Lars_MQ did try to help, but didn't follow up on it) and it wasn't hardware related. I run a succesful motorsport torrent site (+25.000 members), so I do know how to give support and how it looks like when people are being helped. More importantly, people don't have to pay me 15 euro to use my site and we still give support. I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence that I haven't received any help, because I see other people being helped all the time, I just felt it was necessary to mention that in my closing post.

Anyhoo, DVBViewer rocks and I hope that it continues to improve all the time. Best DVB software I have encountered so far.... :angry::)

Edited by EnzoF1