buttonsNI.

buttonsNI.

im lost as to understand why anyone thinks that having a dvb stream directed from the recording service over a network to DVBViewer could be better than having the stream direct from the tuner .all be it that the delay is minischool .however many apps can and will interfere with the network stream even on the same pc. remember the stream has to go through the network router even if the DVBViewer is on same pc as recording service.

why? why? why?

it really should be the the DVBViewer having the direct stream from tuner and the recording service having the network stream..

DVBViewer development is going down the wrong path

lol

maybe lars would like explain why he is taking the recording service development in the wrong direction.

recording anything should always be a secondary action not the premier

remember the stream has to go through the network router even if the DVBViewer is on same pc as recording service.

How did you come up with this absurd idea?? You know the old saying: If you have no clue what you're talking about, just shut up. o:)

BUT: There is always a solution: Don't use the service. You don't have to, just don't. o:)

How did you come up with this absurd idea?? You know the old saying: If you have no clue what you're talking about, just shut up. o:)

BUT: There is always a solution: Don't use the service. You don't have to, just don't. o:)

explain why i have to simulate a tuner in the viewer and connect it over a network to the the real true tuner in recording service.

you see most people want to use the viewer and recording service on the same pc...what you are doing is to rewrite to suit someone who wants to connect via network on another pc

ok .what you are doing works ,but it seriously its not as good as direct tuning

Recordings are more important than TV for me. I rarely watch live TV, just make a big list of things I like in the Recording Service and send it of to the satellites to get my favourite shows.

I need the recording service to manage my tuners because I don't want it to miss the things I've told it to record. And if I do happen to be watching TV when it needs a tuner I want it to tell me.

And guess what? It does.

Careful with your 'most people' there Buttons - Sky have 9m subscribers in the UK, most of whom use Sky+, which lives by the same rules. And, incredibly, most of those 9m people seem happy with Sky. Crazy fools.

Recordings are more important than TV for me. I rarely watch live TV, just make a big list of things I like in the Recording Service and send it of to the satellites to get my favourite shows.

I need the recording service to manage my tuners because I don't want it to miss the things I've told it to record. And if I do happen to be watching TV when it needs a tuner I want it to tell me.

And guess what? It does.

Careful with your 'most people' there Buttons - Sky have 9m subscribers in the UK, most of whom use Sky+, which lives by the same rules. And, incredibly, most of those 9m people seem happy with Sky. Crazy fools.

uglyned if you want the same as sky+ why dont you use sky+

personally i dont want any sky subs near me .but what i would like is the ability to screw sky in any way i can lol

Edited by buttonsNI.

I don't get your point and further more, I don't see any relation to the DVBViewer Pro beta test. The DVBViewer DOES NOT NEED the recording service. What is your point?

I don't get your point and further more, I don't see any relation to the DVBViewer Pro beta test. The DVBViewer DOES NOT NEED the recording service. What is your point?

the point is you disabled the plugins support in order to pursue the developement of the recording service.

you know my point

nice work on the mini epg lars..gets more like sky with every update uglyned ,dosnt it?

I know good old buttonsNI. too well. He has no point most of the time...

and i know you cinch .always hiding in the back ground sticking your nose in when your not involved

sorry cinch ..thats rude of me to say that...

Edited by buttonsNI.

Well, you can go on wasting your time, provoking, thinking you can get people to do things for you this way. But I also know Lars pretty well... he won't do it (BTW has anything ever worked out with your provokations?). That's not the way it works here, especially not if topics come up that are forbidden by forum rules...

Edited by CiNcH

So ButtonsNI I'm just wondering what do you use DVBViewer for? Why does a single seat installation do for you that the unicast solution doesn't do? I don't really understand the technical aspects of it - why is using DVBViewer as a client to the recording service so bad?

I certainly wouldn't say I want Sky, like you I'm no fan and deliberately avoid them. So I'm now using an HTPC with DVBViewer installed and I by no means want a Sky clone - DVBViewer does far more than Sky+ will ever do and it's constantly evolving with new features.

But, credit where credit's due, that old Sky+ box was mighty simple to use and I could usually rely on it. With the whole family using the box under the TV, I would like to see the real simple but effective features like series link and EPG based recording implemented within the recording service / DVBViewer OSD.

So what's your setup ButtonsNI? What's your HTPC spec? What'r your main use? I only ask as if it's suimilar to mine maybe I have to change the way I'm doing things.

Please read the licence agreement of the recording service. I don't think there is any more to "discuss". You don't like it? Well don't use it.