Fast Channel Switching

Mr. Man-wai Chang

What does it do?

I just found that disabling it would prevent DVBViewer from tuning to certain channels (listening

to unicast from DVBServer).

I supposed "slow" channel switching should always be more reliable. :rotfl:

Edited by Mr. Man-wai Chang

"Fast channel switching" = when set don't rebuild the DirectX graph on channel change, when unset a graph rebuild take place at every channel change...

The results are exactly whose you observed... in other words, a DX graph builded for a particular channel can stuck with another one (but sure not always...)

In that case a manual graph rebuild ("View / Rebuild graph") in most cases solve the problem, but in same rare time stuck the DX more and more... it's hardly relate to "from which channel to which channel" you are switching and you can decide if Fast Channel switch is an advantage for you or, all in all, it's better to wait some (m)sec more every time you change channel but be sure to watch the channel you move on...

:rotfl:

Edited by Gioxy
"Fast channel switching" = when set don't rebuild the DirectX graph on channel change, when unset a graph rebuild take place at every channel change...... :rotfl:

Thanks. I guess it has nothing to do with tuning.

I guess I was fooled by the signal again.... that channel is really like a ghost. ;)

Edited by Mr. Man-wai Chang