Chanel list in alphabetical order

Dom

Hello,

Well I have a simple question: is it possible to put the channel list in alpahabetical order on DVBViewer 2.0?

I think it would be more easy to navigate in the channel list.

I don't think so. The list is quite simple but it works. Other programs habe sophisticated data bases but sometimes that lead to problems which can be avoided with this scheme.

Many thanks for the reply Derrick,

I'm also using Progdvb which have a fine channel list well ordered and which works fine, I find it very usefull. But I prefer the quality of the image on DVBViewer which is better than progDVB. We can use more graph filters with DVBViewer with no problem. :)

I'm also using Progdvb which have a fine channel list well ordered and which works fine, I find it very usefull. But I prefer the quality of the image on DVBViewer which is better than progDVB. We can use more graph filters with DVBViewer with no problem. :)

The image quality should be the same provided that the rendering graphs are identical ^_^

..but progdvb is a typical example for my previous posting. As long as you only receive satellites with well defined SI according to the dvb standard there won't be any problems with the data base. But if you start looking for feeds, you will encounter collisions inside the data base cos the same information is sent for many programs. This ambiguity can't be solved and results in weird effects. Names are overwritten etc.

No problem with the DVBViewer because each root is an independent entity.

btw. you can sort you services but I wouldn't recommend it :( You'll have to move each service by drag&drop to a folder of you choice (the names can be edited as well). Better use the favourite folders. My settings are very volatile so I keep them as they are :huh: But it's true, the channel management and editing features could be improved :(

The image quality should be the same provided that the rendering graphs are identical

In fact the quality of the image is not so good than DVBViewer because all my rendering graphs doesn't work with Progdvb. It is the case of my Nvidia or Cyberlink graphs which works fine with DVBViewer and causing program crash with Progdvb. The only graph which working properly with Progdvb is the Elecard graph but it isn't the best.

is it possible to put the channel list in alpahabetical order on DVBViewer 2.0?

Well, it wouldn't be a big thing to write a utility that sorts the DVBViewer channels alphabetically. But the basic channellist structure can't be changed: root -> audio/video -> categories -> channels. How should this be handled? All alphabetically sorted channels to one root/category?

However, with the next DVBViewer release I'll provide a new TransEdit version. It will allow to scan a satellite position, to sort the found channels in different ways (just one mouse click) and export them to a single DVBViewer category.

Griga

Edited by Griga

Many thanks for the reply and the info concerning TransEdit, Griga.

The basic structure root-->audio/video-->Categories is OK.

In fact it would be nice to put Providers in alphabetical order and Channels for each Provider in alpahabetical order too.

But it's only my point of view and perhaps other users don't want this feature.

However DBviewer is a great software and I like it very much.

Dom.