play back no sound with windvd

Oli

Hi collegues,

I have installed DVBViewer 2.0R3 and WinDVD 5.

Play back videos (I) with DVBViewer works (sound is good, video not bad: a little bit "ruckeln"). If I try to play back recorded video (I) with WinDVD the video quality ist better then with DVBViewer because there is no sound. If I play back "other" video (II) - like original DVD - sound works. When I open video (I) with WinDVD that is installed on another machine: video (I) works WITH sound.

I think, the problem is not the machine and the software; I belife, I'm the problem :-(

Thanks, OLI

Edited by Oli
See here. Just some days ago in this forum. Try to search a bit before you post, OK?

Griga

you see at my post from 'Mar 1 2004, 11:34 PM', I've slip up realised.

I've see in your post from Feb 17 2004, 11:06 AM: ".. using video recorder plug-in". okay - that works. If I plan a scheduled recording, I can't use the video recorder plug-in (I think it's for instant or quick recording possible - not for unattanded usage?!).

Edited by Oli
If I plan a scheduled recording, I can't use the video recorder plug-in

You can, if you have DVBViewer 2.0 R3. Just select the VR-Plugin in the DVBViewer's Recorder Settings Window (dropdown list at the lower right) to let it take over the scheduled recording. More information about the VR-Plugin can be found here.

Anyway.... the next DVBViewer release will also provide MPG recording with a maximum packet size of 2048 bytes.

Griga

@GRIGA thanks!

I've read some other interesting post about video recorder plugin. It's very difficult and some different requirements. In my 'home entertainment environment' DVBViewer must have a high WAF (do you know this TLA?). I've stolen this tla in c't: woman acceptence factor. I wait for the implement...

It's very difficult and some different requirements. In my 'home entertainment environment' DVBViewer must have a high WAF

Yes, I've read this in c't :) but the VR-Plugin is not designed for a high WAF. It's more a technical-experimental thing... very suitable for trying this and that. It helps to check out, wether new methods or options work, without affecting the 'normal' users too much. If something proves to be useful, it is included in the DVBViewer.

Griga