Why DVBViewer Client takes a lot of time to connect to DVBServer

Reza Sadeghi

Hello there.

I'm using DVBViewer 4.1 and can connect to DVBServer 4.1.1 on my Wireless Lan by configuring static IP.

on my Laptop (Client) i can switch and watch Channels from DVBServer running on my another PC.

but my big problem is that : "whenever i start DVBViewer on Client and switch a channel for fist time, it takes a lot of time about 1 Minute or more to showing the Channel Picture.

it seems DVBServer will not respond and hang on for about 1 minute on my another system running Windows Server 2003 SP2.

anyway after waiting a lot and at last getting picture there is not any problem and can switch other channels quickly with good speed.

after closing DVBViewer and starting it again, the above problem will be appeared again.

could you please help me solve this problem?

I attached my Support file here.

Thanks.

Edited by Reza Sadeghi
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem and it exists also in 1GB LAN, but only a lot shorter than in 300Mbps WLAN.

Is it related to a some kind of buffering and can it be adjusted?

No there is no buffering. It take so long to open the hardware. One minute is a little too long, so check, if you setup the server hardware options correctly and make sure your AV/Firewall does not slow down the connecting.

In this test setup I have TT Budget C1501 card. In server's HW setup i've unchecked all boxes (tried also with direct tuning on). Device is set as preferred.

With these settings it takes ~30s to get picture on client when DVBV is started. I've also tried to disable all software firewalls, no change.

Just have to add that every time a new client is connecting, the DVBServer hangs totally (...not responding) until the picture comes up to the client. As I recall streaming continues just fine on other clients connected earlier.

I have tried to run the server on Vista 64 and W7 64 systems with TT Budget-C1500 and -C1501 cards and client on W7 64, Vista64 and XP Pro systems.

My router is D-Link DIR-855.

I think I'll try a direct connection between two machines with cross-link cable just to know if the router is messing things up.

Edited by sniiki