How to make DVBViewer to work with OSD on a TV-panel (wich is a second

stas35

I use ATI Catalyst Control Center. Extended Desktop mode (i.e. secondary monitor LCD TV panel 1280x720).

It warks well with OVERLAY mode (but I cant use OSD on TV screen in this mode)

Also I tried to make DVBViewer work on LCD TV-panel independently (of working on PC monitor).

So, I drag and drop DVBViewer onto the LCD TV area, but picture on DVBViewer disappears (graph rebuilding doesnt fix the problem).

I tried to change codecs and renderers - problem wasnt fixed.

Tried both VMR7 and VMR9. They work incorrectly (I can see a picture as 1\4 of size in DVBViewer window on the TV screen).

Is it possible to get a picture on LCD panel with working OSD and use a PC for work during watching TV?

I cannot do this :blink:

Thank you in advance!

Use a DVBViewer with Skystar S2 (DVB-S2). WinXP SP3.

Please tell me if somebody uses DVBViewer with two monitors without any problems&? :blink:

I adjust ATI Catalyst Control Center for Theatre Mode with extended desktop on my TV panel (i.e. it is my secondary monitor).

When I start DVBViewer on primary monitor it works well. Also the overlay mode works well with a TV panel. BUT! I can not use OSD on a TV screen if I use OVERLAY renderer. I can not see it on OVERLAY MODE.

So, I decided to move DVBViewer window onto the TV screen area. I choose VMR9. It makes a picture resized about 1/4 of the DVBViewer screen (even on primary monitor). The same trouble with VMR7. Codecs are Cyberlink or Divx or Elecard - doesn't matter. I tried to do different variations with renderers and codecs - no any good result :P

Please tell me is it possible to get a TV with working OSD wich can be used independently of primary monitor (for example if I should work during my famili watching a TV and OSD should be visible and controlable on a TV screen at least when primary monitor is not busy).

In CLONE MONITOR MODE the picture is awful and some adjustments cannot be done (brightness etc) but OSD is visible of course :P But I dont need this with such bad picture quality.

:bye:

Thanks in advance

It makes a picture resized about 1/4 of the DVBViewer screen
My guess is: try using Zoom...

Another hint can be (from "Tweaks.txt" file you find in the main DVBViewer folder):

--------------------------------

Value: Multimonitor
Section: General
Accepted:  0 (false), 1 (True)
Default: 1
Description: If set to true, all forms will remember their positions on the monitors, if set to false the forms will position themselves on the monitor with the mainform.

--------------------------------

...you have to add this value in the appropriate section of the file "setup.xml" you find in the "configuration folder"...

:blink:

My guess is: try using Zoom...

It is no use. I can resize it but resized picture position is fixed (it is located in the upper side of TV screen). I can not move it (only resize). It is always at the top of thr TV screen rather than in the center (if it is 16:9 for example). So this rescaling does work bad :bounce:

this rescaling does work bad
It's a video driver fault as it work flawlessy for all other DVBViewer owner (ehm... maybe only 99,9% of them)... you should try to test with other ATI driver versions (or without ATI Catalyst Control Center) or... hey, have you already tried with "VMR Options"?

Look in "Settings / Options / DirectX" and try to set "(Nvidia) VMR fix" or - better, if it works for you - with "YUV mixing mode"...

:bounce: