Incorrect encoding for programme title in web interface

Michael C

I'm from Hong Kong. I'm using the DVBViewer Recording Service version 1.5.0.21 Beta. Since Monday, scheduled recordings do not work till now. I can work around it by changing the programme name from Chinese (Big5) to English text.

When I access the web interface, I see that the programme titles in EPG are all garbaged. See the attached image3. If I now force the document encoding to UTF-8, the programme names are showed correctly. But the station name become garbaged.

When I go to Timer and click one of the schedule names, the programme title field in the popup window is garbaged. See the attached image1. If I manually change the encoding to UTF-8, the program title field shows correctly but not the station name. See image2.

I think the recording was failed because the recording service tries to write garbaged file name to the disk but it was unable to open file.

Please help. Thanks!

post-61061-1247587092_thumb.png

post-61061-1247587102_thumb.png

post-61061-1247587111_thumb.png

could you post a support.zip please?

I am well aware, that there are a lot of unsolved issues with the webinterface and charsets. I'm working on it, but this simply needs some time, so I can be sure the switch to complete UTF-8 handling in the webinterface works also with the formulars and everything else.

But at least the recording should work without problems with the channel name. This is one thing I will fix at once, as soon as I know what exactly goes wrong.