Watching and Recording at the same time.

Cian

Hi,

DVBViewer 4.1.1.1

Rec. Service 1.5.0.21 Beta

When DVBViewer is running, and there is a recording scheduled on the Rec. Service, it currently does not record until I quit from the Viewer. Is there any way to put up a warning message that a recording needs to start, or to force the Viewer to auto-change to the recording transponder? In the old version, once you were on the same transponder you could record one programme and watch another.

Also, once a recording has started, is it possible to open the Viewer to watch a pre-recorded programme without disturbing the on-going recording?

Thanks for the help,

Cian.

Do not use the hardware in the recording service and the DVBViewer at the same time. Setup the DVBViewer to receive the data via unicast device from the recordingservice.

Can offer you a tip that's fooled me a few times - make sure Windows Firewall is off when you try to connect from DVBViewer. That one's had me a couple of times.

Can offer you a tip that's fooled me a few times - make sure Windows Firewall is off when you try to connect from DVBViewer. That one's had me a couple of times.

Thanks for that - Can now set the IP addresses to Automatic. It now seems to work even though it doesn't do anything when I auto-discover.

Still - It now seems to behave!!

Thanks,

Cian.

Don't deactivate the firewall. Just put the DVBViewer.exe and DVBVservice.exe into the exception list of the firewall for connections WITHIN the local network.

If you want outside (internet) access, you should allow the ports (http server and maybe streaming) individually for safty reasons.

Had only added an exception on the windows Firewall - have a firewall on me Internet router, so all should still be secure!

The auto-discovery button in Viewer does not seem to find the Rec. Service, but it is behaving the way I wanted it to i.e. recordings are now starting when DVBViewer is active, so they must be taking back and forth. I can also watch pre-recorded programmes while recording.

Can I ask what the ATSC stands for? It was not clear what device type I should select when creating the Unicast device.

Since the Recording Service takes the Hardware, it is obviously not possible to watch a seperate programme on the same transponder.

Edited by Cian
Found WiKi. Working through it now!

EDIT: Is there a step by step guide for morons like me?

Is it about running DVBServer as an unicast tuner,

and

setting up DVBViewer Pro of the PC running DVBServer and the remote PC to watch the broadcast from that same unicast tuner?