BBC HD AC3

I am a little confused! I am so close to having my whole system working well with DVBViewer Pro and Recording Service. It is even streaming live TV to my Buffalo LinkTheaterHD, something that Buffalo seemed to think was impossible!

I have one remaining problem with BBC HD. In DVBViewer I can select either the AC3 or MP3 version of BBC HD and record either. In the Recording Service, I don't seem to have that option and can only record the MP3 version which the BBC sometimes use for NAR. Can somebody kindly point to a link for a solution to this which I am sure must have been already discussed somewhere? I understand that I might have to change the audio ident on the AC3 version, but that is another issue!

In DVBViewer I can select either the AC3 or MP3 version of BBC HD and record either.

It's actually MP2 (MPEG Audio Layer 2).

In DVBViewer you can record both (Settings -> Options -> Recorder -> Format Options -> All Audio Tracks), and I'm quite sure the Recording Service provides a similar option.

Hi,

I sorted that problem in the channel editor on DVBViewer.

In the channel editor go to BBC HD(NAR) and click the little arrow next to it. BBC HD(eng) should appear below it. Drag BBC HD(eng) over BBC HD(NAR) and they should swap places.

I think then if you stop and start the recording service the changes should appear in that too.

Edited by uglyned
I sorted that problem in the channel editor on DVBViewer.

In the channel editor go to BBC HD(NAR) and click the little arrow next to it. BBC HD(eng) should appear below it. Drag BBC HD(eng) over BBC HD(NAR) and they should swap places.

I think then if you stop and start the recording service the changes should appear in that too.

Brilliant - takes a few minutes for some reason to work through to the Recording Service, but it does the business - thanks.

I'm still stuck with the wrong audio idents for AC3 on recordings. The BBC uses 5501 which also agrees with 'BBC Fixer'. This doesn't work with my Media Player but it does work if I run it through tsMuxer which changes it to 4352. It does work if I stream the live BBC HD to the Player.

Any ideas?

It does work if I stream the live BBC HD to the Player.

I was fooling myself! The streamed service has both audio tracks and I was hearing the MP2. Most of the time it is the same as the AC3.

Is there any way of changing the audio ident 'on the fly'?

• 1 month later...
I was fooling myself! The streamed service has both audio tracks and I was hearing the MP2. Most of the time it is the same as the AC3.

Is there any way of changing the audio ident 'on the fly'?

Just to tidy this up - I got rid of the heap of junk from Buffalo and bought a Network Media Tank. Now I can simply select which audio track I want.