Future versions of DVB Viewer

aligebes

First of all, let me say that I am very happy with DVBViewer 2.

Now my questions:

1. I have just upgraded to a new Athlon 64 custom built machine, are there any plans to rework either the program or some of the plugins to utilise the extra power? I'm sure this would be good for handling the HDTV channels. I would consider paying a small fee for such an upgrade.

2. I have both a Skystar 2 and Hauppauge Win TV Nexus-s card with the optional Cam, each with their own sat feed, I would like to use DVBViewer for both satellites with the software, once configured, accessing the relevant sat card, once I select what channel I want to watch.

Apart from that, I am impressed with the software and bought it just because it supported HDTV.

Alasdair

At this time there not exist a finnished windows version which can use the extra power of wn Athlon 64. Internal it would be used like a double processor system. Maybe Christian would change something in future. At this time there is nothing planed.

DVBViewer will not support WinTV. Theoretical it schould be possible, but Christian (and me and the other supporter too) are the opinion, that the SS2 is the best card . HDTV support (you mention it) and the price are the advantage of this great card.

In the past some people made experiments with two SS2 card, but without success.

cheers

Steffen

Thanks, I agree that out of the 2 cards the SS2 is the better, the nexus was bought secondhand because it's the only card I know of, that can take a cam, and with Euro1080 going to be encrypted in IRDETO in May, when the 1st HDTV receivers start to appear, one of DVBViewer 2's selling points will disappear until another channel broadcasts HDTV.

This was why I had hoped there might have been some support for the Nexus.

Guest DAvenger

A64 is an 64bit CPU, right? Having said that it needs a 64bit version of Windows (which should be optimized for 64bits). I supose DVBViewer and other 32bit apps run in some kind of emulation. No idea if there's some 64bit Borland compiler though. IMHO, the optimization has to be done on side of the decoder filters.