What is Mosaic?

galmok

I have tried to make Mosaic do anything, but I have to date not been able to. I have a DVB-T tuner and can record 4 channels at the same time from that tuner. I expect Mosaic to show the 4 channels at the same time as a Mosaic/grid, but is this what Mosaic does? I checked the documentation, but it wasn't explaining all the well and didn't fit the options anymore (written for an older version).

If Mosaic is able to show the channels at the same time, what chould prevent it from working at my place? Using Vista64 and BDA 9015 USB tuner.

I have tried to make Mosaic do anything, but I have to date not been able to. I have a DVB-T tuner and can record 4 channels at the same time from that tuner. I expect Mosaic to show the 4 channels at the same time as a Mosaic/grid, but is this what Mosaic does? I checked the documentation, but it wasn't explaining all the well and didn't fit the options anymore (written for an older version).

If Mosaic is able to show the channels at the same time, what chould prevent it from working at my place? Using Vista64 and BDA 9015 USB tuner.

have you in the Menu-Options-Mosaic chosen a MPEG2-Video-Decoder, maybee you change this setting to an other, not the "system-default".

PeterF

have you in the Menu-Options-Mosaic chosen a MPEG2-Video-Decoder, maybee you change this setting to an other, not the "system-default".

PeterF

Yes, I have tried "ffdshow Video Decoder", "ATI MPEG Video Decoder" and "Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder", but regardless of decoder, enabling the Mosaic option has yet to make any visible change in any way. Nowhere can I even read what it should do.

Is that the PiP option that puts grabs from other channels on the screen?

I tried using that but it only ever grabbed pictures from the same transponder or mux as the currently tuned channel.

Is there any way of setting it so that it grabs images from other channels in my channels list?

Sorry to hijack.

Is that the PiP option that puts grabs from other channels on the screen?

I tried using that but it only ever grabbed pictures from the same transponder or mux as the currently tuned channel.

Is there any way of setting it so that it grabs images from other channels in my channels list?

Sorry to hijack.

You are talking about the Preview option. That one works fine, only the Mosaic option is completely unactive/bugged.