No EPG data after DVB Viewer 4.2.1.0

goldenmidas

Hi! Everything was working perfectly before I updated DVBViewer from 4.1.1.0 to 4.2.1.

Now I can't receive EPG data anymore... I tried to complete reinstall with rescanned channels, but still no luck. I even tried the old version, but I just can't see EPG anymore, the timeline stays empty.

Otherwise the channels are working great and I can use teletext without problems.

Any tips how should I shake it to get it work again? :blush:

Earlier EPG worked 100%. I'm using Twinhan Mantis DVB / cable / pci card. And I live in Finland.

support.zip

Go to the channel editor, select one of the affected channels and have a look at the "Exclude from EPG" checkbox. If it is ticked... well, then you know what happened.

There is a tool that allows to change this setting for all channels within a root or category folder (see here). Explanation only in German, sorry... however, download the attached ZIP, store EPGManager.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder, launch it, tick those checkboxes and click Save. That's all.

Go to the channel editor, select one of the affected channels and have a look at the "Exclude from EPG" checkbox. If it is ticked... well, then you know what happened.

I didn't see that checkbox selected there... on any channel...

There is a tool that allows to change this setting for all channels within a root or category folder (see here). Explanation only in German, sorry... however, download the attached ZIP, store EPGManager.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder, launch it, tick those checkboxes and click Save. That's all.

Tried this too, but it didn't help...

Thanks anyway...

Edited by goldenmidas

Problem is not gone for me... In Italy no EPG from DVB-T after i updated DVBViewer from 4.1.1.0 to 4.2.1

Tried to rescan channels and that Exclude from EPG option was not checked, but no luck here.

Teletext has no problem at all.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Emanuele

check your settings.

Hi Lars, thanks for support. I'm sure that Exclude from EPG option was not checked for any channel in channels editor AND in options/hardware the option "Disabilita ricezione EPG" (Disable EPG Reception ?) is NOT checked.

Maybe i missing something? Any other option to check?

I also tried to use the tools Griga suggests, but not solve the problem.

Thanks Lars

...here (Italy) no EPG problem at all, nor with DVBT, nor with DVBS, nor through Recording Service...

Emanuele, try this: with DVBViewer closed completely delete the "epg.dat" files you find in the main DVBViewer folder and in Configuration folder: then restart DVBViewer, tune a good DVBT channel that carries EPG data for sure for some seconds (Rai for ex.), then open the EPG Windows and see if there is the whole day EPG...

Otherwise please look at the top of this page, follow the instructions and post your support file...

;)

Edited by Lars_MQ
Added wiki link ;)

Hi all, deleted epg.dat in configuration folder (no epg.dat found in main program folder) and now if i open epg window i can see (in only 2 channels), a single epg event, but it is one day OLD! Even if i wait hours, i get same results.

So here is my support.zip

Thanks a lot. ;)

Emanuele

support.zip

Created: 30/07/2009 9.09.17

Well, unless it is already tomorrow in Italy (which I heavily doubt) you should set your sytemdate correctly. ;)

;) hi hi hi, it solve all problems!

Same day i updated DVBViewer, i updated my pc also (Motherboard, so, ecc..) and didn't check system time!

My fault.

Thanks a lot for a so amazing and quick support.

Emanuele

• 3 weeks later...

have same problem -(Denmark) sat-reception -no epg from any channels at all.

no matter what sat-positions I try.

Epg wprks on normal recievers ( I have 3 stand alone and PC with DVBViewer)

- and can't find epg.dat, windows also can't find that file.

Generally DVBViewer works fantastic.!!!

and possible to live without EPG... :wacko:

but.. nice if it worked.

Another stupid reason for not working EPG: Check if system date\time is correct. After buying and installing the latest version I saw black field instead program description. I tryed several things and nothing helped. Finally I realized that on system date I had saturday 15.08 instead sunday 16.08

Another stupid reason for not working EPG: Check if system date\time is correct. After buying and installing the latest version I saw black field instead program description. I tryed several things and nothing helped. Finally I realized that on system date I had saturday 15.08 instead sunday 16.08

no, wish is was that simple, date and time is correct here..

Hi again

I just found out one thing that maybe is the problem:

If you set the curser over a satellite position forexample Astra pos19 in channel editor the following is NOT market:

DVB EPG

SFI,MWH(+) EPG

External EPG

IF I mark them and press "include", then close the editor and open it again they are still not markted, means DVBViever can not remember the settings?

But if you then place the curser over a specific channel for example ARD on astra "Exclude EPG is NOT marked", that should mean EPG included the way I understand it, but maybe the unmarket EPG an Astra overrules specific channel settings?

And if that all-sat-over-ruling function :wacko: ( or what to call it) setting can not be remembered, then it could be the problem.

Any commets to that?

Another thing I realized was 50% of my satellite positions was set to 13 degrees E ( Hotbird and straigth south), and settings set to Angular position.

In this case new setting over a satellite poisition is remembered for all channels ( or I should say it looks that way, takes time to zap through all channels :)