Getting started with TransEdit & DVBViewer

pruemmler

This is probably a dumb question but I need help getting started. I am trying to view the hd channels (ABC) on transponder 4120 of satellite galaxy 16 (99.0 W). I scan successfully with TransEdit and view the channels with preview in TransEdit. I then save the channels in DVBViewer. I start DVBViewer and select the channel. I shows 86% signal strenght, but I get no picture and no sound. This channel is s-2, hd. How do I get DVBViewer to display the channel?

I shows 86% signal strenght, but I get no picture and no sound.

In DVBViewer -> View -> Filters -> DVB Source. What is displayed there in the Video/Audio State lines?

In DVBViewer -> View -> Filters -> DVB Source. What is displayed there in the Video/Audio State lines?

It shows Video State : No data/Connected

Audio State : No data/connected

Which means, there is no data arriving in DVBViewer Pro.

I then save the channels in DVBViewer.

How did you do that?

Which transponder is it? I can't find it here:

http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy16.html

Maybe we have to check how DVBViewer Pro handles DVBWorld devices in case of DVB-S2 and compare it with the TransEdit code.

You may want to give DVBViewer GE a try (download from the members area, read the ReadMe!). It uses the same hardware-related code as TransEdit, so it should work.

How did you do that?

Maybe we have to check how DVBViewer Pro handles DVBWorld devices in case of DVB-S2 and compare it with the TransEdit code.

You may want to give DVBViewer GE a try (download from the members area, read the ReadMe!). It uses the same hardware-related code as TransEdit, so it should work.

It is transponder 4120 which is ABC primary HD feed. It is not listed in lyngsat. The symbol rate is 30000. I will try DVBViewer GE. Transedit previews the channels correctly.. Thanks for the help. This is all new to me.

How did you do that?

I installed DVBViewer GE but it is settup for Europe and I am in US. I can't figure out how to enter my lnb frequencies or satellites. I do have it running in English. I tried copying the transponder folder from DVBViewer but still no US sats. I even installed transedit in the GE folder but transedit sees no US satellites.

The whole stuff must be stored in the DVBViewer GE configuration folder (see Info Menu in DVBViewer GE - same as in TransEdit, see here). You can copy the DVBViewer Pro channel list there (from the DVBViewer Pro configuration folder, of course), and the transponder lists to the Transponders subdirectory. Restart DVBViewer GE after it's done.

I even installed transedit in the GE folder

Good idea :) It enables exporting from TransEdit to DVBViewer GE. Both share the same configuration folder.

I can't figure out how to enter my lnb frequencies or satellites.

Select a root node (representing a satellite position resp. a DVB network) in the channel list, click the Properties Tool Button at the lower left, and then you'll see...

The whole stuff must be stored in the DVBViewer GE configuration folder (see Info Menu in DVBViewer GE - same as in TransEdit, see here). You can copy the DVBViewer Pro channel list there (from the DVBViewer Pro configuration folder, of course), and the transponder lists to the Transponders subdirectory. Restart DVBViewer GE after it's done.

Good idea :) It enables exporting from TransEdit to DVBViewer GE. Both share the same configuration folder.

Select a root node (representing a satellite position resp. a DVB network) in the channel list, click the Properties Tool Button at the lower left, and then you'll see...

Success, I got DVBViewer GE to work with trasnedit and it displays the three channels on g16 4120H. But now, how do we get DVBViewer pro to work? One problem with GE, the audio is out of sync with the video. Any way to sync it?

Edited by pruemmler

please do: start -> programs -> DVBViewer programgroup -> support -> DVBViewer (Debug mode).

Tune the channel in question, close the DVBViewer and post a new support.zip.

please do: start -> programs -> DVBViewer programgroup -> support -> DVBViewer (Debug mode).

Tune the channel in question, close the DVBViewer and post a new support.zip.

Here is the support.zip

support.zip

Any way to sync it?

Sorry, dunno... that's up to the video/audio renderers. They have to process the data in time according to the broadcasted timestamps. And up to the decoders, that are passing the timestamps to the renderers. I can't receive those channels, so all I can do is blind guessing:

Maybe H.264 video processing is just too slow - it takes an awful lot of CPU power. Does your graphics card support H.264 decoding? If yes, is hardware acceleration (DXVA) enabled on the property page of the H.264 decoder (see View -> Filters)?

What about a recording of this channel? Playback still out of sync?

BTW: The AC3 filter that you are using as audio decoder allows to shift audio/video sync on its property page, system tab. However, it will take effect on all kinds of playback with this decoder.

But now, how do we get DVBViewer pro to work?

The channel data displayed in the DVBViewer Pro channel editor (after selecting the channel) and the data displayed in the DVBViewer GE channel properties for the same channel are identical?

Another guess: The modulation setting in the C Band transponder list that you got from me is "Auto". In case of DVB-S2 DVBViewer GE translates it to 8PSK for DVBWorld devices (guessing again :)), because they don't provide a real automatic modulation detection. Try to set it explicitely to 8PSK in DVBViewer Pro. If this doesn't help: Try Options -> Hardware -> retune on missing stream after... e.g. 3 seconds.

Sorry, dunno... that's up to the video/audio renderers. They have to process the data in time according to the broadcasted timestamps. And up to the decoders, that are passing the timestamps to the renderers. I can't receive those channels, so all I can do is blind guessing:

Maybe H.264 video processing is just too slow - it takes an awful lot of CPU power. Does your graphics card support H.264 decoding? If yes, is hardware acceleration (DXVA) enabled on the property page of the H.264 decoder (see View -> Filters)?

What about a recording of this channel? Playback still out of sync?

BTW: The AC3 filter that you are using as audio decoder allows to shift audio/video sync on its property page, system tab. However, it will take effect on all kinds of playback with this decoder.

The channel data displayed in the DVBViewer Pro channel editor (after selecting the channel) and the data displayed in the DVBViewer GE channel properties for the same channel are identical?

Another guess: The modulation setting in the C Band transponder list that you got from me is "Auto". In case of DVB-S2 DVBViewer GE translates it to 8PSK for DVBWorld devices (guessing again :)), because they don't provide a real automatic modulation detection. Try to set it explicitely to 8PSK in DVBViewer Pro. If this doesn't help: Try Options -> Hardware -> retune on missing stream after... e.g. 3 seconds.

We are making progress. I entered the modulation and FEC for 4120 in transedit, applied, scanned selected and updated all. Exited transedit and entered DVBViewer PRO. The channel displayed. I then scanned in through PRO my local ASTC channels and viewed one of them. I moved the satellite to AMC 15/18 to try and scan 3780H. Nothing was found. Exited transedit and went into PRO to scan through PRO. When I scanned frequency it said no hardware available. I responded (I think I entered Ok. Then PRO hung up as I couldn't close the scan window or enter commands in PRO. Went to task managed to end task PRO and it said it was waiting for a response from me and couldn't end it. There was no way to respond, so I ended PRO anyway and did a support.zip which is attached.

support.zip

I moved the satellite to AMC 15/18 to try and scan 3780H. Nothing was found.

Try the attached transponder list. And set the modulation to 8PSK beforehand in TransEdit. And please don't quote the whole previous post. Only relevant parts you are replying to, in order to keep the thread short and handy. Thanks.

2550_C.ini

I was able to scan that transponder after rebooting the computer. I transfered the ini file to transponders anyway. I can still view that channels on that transponder. There appears to be a bug in Pro as I answered the warning and it closed the answer box but Pro still thought an answer was pending, thats why I did the support.zip.