Windows 7 64 bit renderer problem on Nvidia ION

therac

Running Windows 7 64 bit on new Asrock ION net top. DVBViewer with latest NVidia Windows 64 bit drivers runs brilliantly well with hardware acceleration, with one slight problem.

The renderer choice seems to have to be set to "Overlay mixer" to get correct output, and not sure the quality here is as good as with other renderers - picture seems slightly flat and less contrasty, but still very acceptable.

Issues with other renderers:

System default - sometimes works (havent been able to work out conditions), but often I get sound (HDMI and SPDIF) but no video at all.

Overlay mixer - see above

VMR7 video mixing (from PowerDVD7) - not used as have upgraded to

VMR9 video mix from PowerDVD Ultra 9 - works well on BBC HD, however but on normal channels, get window with video (c. 50% height - interlacing issue?) in top left of screen - rest of screen is black

EVR VISTA experimental enhanced renderer - works well on normal sources, but forces 4:3 aspect ratio on all material on BBC HD

System is

Windows 7 RC1 build 64 bit (7.048(?))

Gigabyte WBKG USB WLAN Card (only one I could get to work fwiw)

Nvidia ION graphics adapter driver v. 8.15.11.9038, latest from NVidia, DirectX 11

DVBViewer 4.2.1

Technotrend 2 3650 CI with BDA drivers (couldnt get WMA ones to recognise under Win7)

Thanks

support.zip

• 9 months later...

How did you manage to even install DVBViewer. I have an Acer Revo 3610 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Nvidia ION. I managed to install drivers for my TechnoTrend CI 3650 card, but when I install DVBViewer I get an error message about not supporting this version of Windows. Although the program installation ends and the wizards starts, I cannot find any channels. How do I install DVBViewer on x64?

Note: I also have DVBViewer on my other PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, and it works like a charm.

Thank you,

Jolly2010