2 mysterius crashes after 6 months?

leffe

--------------UPPDATED--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TVCard: Technotrend TT-budget C-1501 (BDA version 5.0.0.19) DriverDate = 2008-03-04

MAinboard: GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.1 Bios) intergrated graphics & audio

MAinboard Chipset:AMD 780G + SB700 Chipset

Graphics card: Integrated ATI Radeon HD3200-based graphics (DX10)

ati caalyst 2008.0318.2139.36886

Audio 2008-12-03 Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip

AMD Chipset Driver (include chipsetsata raidvga driver) 2008/10/07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVBViewer have worked fine for over 6 months or something.

I usually set timer to record stuff. (15 shows per day)

Now DVBViewer have suddenly crashed 2 times.

And since I was not home I did not notice, so the whole days recordings was never recorded.

My local time is gmt+1 (or +2 summertime) Here are the dates the DVBViewer crashed, and just shutdown (but Windows was still running)

July 7th 2009

August 20th 2009

I dont know what it is?

hardware?

cable provider?

codecs?

bug?

Might it be if I have imported EPG the day before?

then i use 2 programs

xmltv-0.5.55-win32

myXMLTV

But I have imported EPGs this way 20 times or so.

Can it be a bug if I have scheduled recordings then import new EPGs?

Is there any options if DVBViewer crash, that autorestart the program?

support.zip

Edited by leffe
Here are the dates the DVBViewer crashed, and just shutdown (but Windows was still running)

Windows was running you say, but could you move mousepointer around and was Windows responsive at all after the crash? Im suffering from a similar issue. I have two kinds of crashes. Hard Crashes (Windows freezes completly) with no logs in system/program logging and DVBViewer crashes when i get systems logs and messagebox with crash information.

Windows was running you say, but could you move mousepointer around and was Windows responsive at all after the crash? Im suffering from a similar issue. I have two kinds of crashes. Hard Crashes (Windows freezes completly) with no logs in system/program logging and DVBViewer crashes when i get systems logs and messagebox with crash information.

Yes my Windows was fully working and I just started DVBViewer and was back in buisness again.

And I know Windows have been fully active (and was not restarted) because the whole time an small program was running that has to be started manually.

I forgot to say that i use DVBViewer 4.0.0.0 and have not bother to upgrade since it was so solid exept theese 2 days.

According to YOUR total freeze:

On my old computer i had random freezes (no response from mouse) that I think an usb cardreader device was causing something with the usbports or the ram, ran memtest86 got errors then upgraded bios on mainboard and memtest86 did not find any errors. I think the freezes stopped.. or it was that I moved my cardreader to this computer.

Yes my Windows was fully working and I just started DVBViewer and was back in buisness again.

And I know Windows have been fully active (and was not restarted) because the whole time an small program was running that has to be started manually.

I forgot to say that i use DVBViewer 4.0.0.0 and have not bother to upgrade since it was so solid exept theese 2 days.

According to YOUR total freeze:

On my old computer i had random freezes (no response from mouse) that I think an usb cardreader device was causing something with the usbports or the ram, ran memtest86 got errors then upgraded bios on mainboard and memtest86 did not find any errors. I think the freezes stopped.. or it was that I moved my cardreader to this computer.

Ok, then we have different kinds of crashes then. Well, i have experienced your kind as well, but do not see it as bad as the hard crash kind. Have you checked your system logg for any "Application Errors"? Then you could get some clues on whats causing your prob.

About my hard crashes, i suspect it is caused by my graphics card driver. Something happened with this driver between Catalyst version 9.4 and 9.5. 9.4 seem stable so far and 9.5 to 9.8 is not, but it takes a lot of time testing it. Big investigation for sure. My first suspiction was DVBViewer was causing it but im leaning more and more against not.

Edited by majstang