Another rotor problem

sifolino

Previous release of DVBViewer works good rotating dish with "go to angular position" (USALS). I started with astra 19 where I have the reference position of rotor. From there i could expore and scan a dozen of other satellites. Everytime usign "go to angular".

Before updatin the program I decided not to copy the channels and redo all the scannign work again (it was time to do so).

But updated the program I noticed that there were ready astra 19, hotbird and astra 28. I used those lists and they work quite fine rotating the dish a little slower or sometimes clicking the names of more then one channel to obain the rotation.

All different when I tried to scan some other satellite. It does not work at all. It does not find nothing.

Furthermore I try to use Transedit that I never used before. Obviously I reached the last version. Nothing at all.

I believe it move the dish, but quite randomly, not exactly. I tried used also "advanced", but nothing worth.

I have:

Acer Aspire Desktop M5640 - Windows Vista - Motherboard Acer MCP73PV - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2,66 Ghz

Bis 25/3/08 ver.08.00.15 (ACRSYS 20080523)

Tecnotrend s2 3650 Ci driver version 1.0.3.8

NVIDIA GEFORCE driver ver.:8.15.11.8585

Now I'll tray to update the firmware of the tecnotrend but I do not think it affects the problem.

Last: I try to download SUPPORTTOOL.Zip three times, but I could not. I try again tomorrow. I suppose it is a problem in your server.

Any idea?

Ciao

You may also need to update the file ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll to version 1.0.1.21. Download.

Updated, Ok, thanks.

Now many attempt on Sirius 2, 3 5°E, Turksat 31°E, Hellas Sat 2 39°E, Hispasat 1C/1D 30°W using directly DVBViewer, not TransEdit.

Finally I reached Sirius and Turksat.

I could not move the rotor using TransEdit.

Moreover when I choose a channel on a different satellite, it is regularly very slow, sometimes it does not reach the satellite.

Then I return to Astra 19 that I consider the "base" and after I tray again the next satellite.

It looks like the rotor has a problem. But it begins to happen exactly when I updated the DVBViewer to 4.2.1.0 release.

Some suggestions?

Ciao

Moreover when I choose a channel on a different satellite, it is regularly very slow, sometimes it does not reach the satellite.

Is there any difference between moving the motor with 13 and 18V?

E.g. if you tune a transponder/channel with vertical polarisation and then select a channel on a different satellite position (also with vertical polarisation) the motor is supplied with 13 V throughout. In case of horizontal polarisation it is supplied with 18 V.

Is there any difference between moving the motor with 13 and 18V?

E.g. if you tune a transponder/channel with vertical polarisation and then select a channel on a different satellite position (also with vertical polarisation) the motor is supplied with 13 V throughout. In case of horizontal polarisation it is supplied with 18 V.

I did some tests:

Mezzo (H) Hot Bird -> Andalucia (V) Astra 19. Nothing happened, but if you click Aragon (V) Astra 19, it is Ok and you can click Andalusia and you see Andalusia quite immediately.

So I did different tests using this method: a channel on one satellite, click a channel in a second satellite, wait 10 seconds and click on another channel in the second satellite. Here is what happened:

Mezzo (H) Hot Bird -> Andalucia (V) Astra 19E -> Aragon (V) Astra 19E = Ok

Andalucia (V) Astra 19E -> Mezzo (H) Hot Bird -> KBS_WORLD Hot Bird= Ok

Rainews24 (V) Hot Bird -> Andalucia (V) Astra 19E -> Aragon (V) Astra 19E = Ok

Andalucia (V) Astra 19E -> Rainews24 (V) Hot Bird -> Rai2 (V) Hot Bird = Ok

ZDF Theaterkanal (H) Astra 19E -> Africable (H) Sirius 5E -> Etno (H) Sirius 5E = Ok

Africable (H) Sirius 5E -> ZDF Theaterkanal (H) Astra 19E - ZDF Infokanal (H) Astra 19E -> ZDF Dokukanal (H) Astra 19E = NOTHING HAPPENED

But if you pass throught Andalucia (V) Astra 19E it works.

I execute the tests twice.

Conclusion:

It looks like it needs a double sollicitation to turn exactly thr rotor.

It does not appear significant the different polarization but in one situation : turning from sirius to asta (and not in turning from astra to sirius).

Before going to sleep i try to catch another satellite in W.

ciao

I did some tests:

Me too ;) With my TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3600, which is your 3650 just without CI, I suppose. Though I have no motor, the results are quite interesting and seem to explain everything. I did the following:

- Covered my LNB with aluminium foil.

- Launched DVBViewer, tuned some channel. No signal, of course.

- Removed the foil. Still no signal.

- Tuned a channel on a different transponder (!). Worked immediately.

And even worse:

- Covered the LNB again. Video/audio stopped

- Removed the foil. Playback didn't continue.

Conclusion: If the device and/or driver get no signal for some time, they just give up. Even if the signal comes (back) later - no go.

This is a deadly kind of behaviour in case of a motorized dish, because after tuning it may take some seconds until there is a signal. Selecting the channel again in DVBViewer or a channel on the same transponder does nothing, because DVBViewer assumes that the transponder is already tuned. That explains

Africable (H) Sirius 5E -> ZDF Theaterkanal (H) Astra 19E - ZDF Infokanal (H) Astra 19E -> ZDF Dokukanal (H) Astra 19E = NOTHING HAPPENED

However, there is something that may help: Options -> Hardware -> Retune on missing stream after (sec). Set it to 3 seconds or so. After that DVBViewer will repeat the whole tuning process every 3 seconds, including the DiSEqC command, until data arrives.

Some words about TransEdit:

As far as it concerns scanning, the situation is even worse, because there are timeout values (see here), which means, the Scanner will also give up after some time. But there is a similar remedy: Retune Attempts. However, it only applies to the Scanner, not to the Analyzer, and it can make scanning quite lengthy if there are "dead" transponders in the transponder list that deliver no signal.

So I would rather use the TransEdit Positioner Console to first move the dish to the desired position, and then perform scanning or analyzing. The Positioner Console doesn't perform tuning and doesn't wait for something. It just sends the DiSEqC command, so it won't be affected. Please let me know if it works.

However, there is something that may help: Options -> Hardware -> Retune on missing stream after (sec). Set it to 3 seconds or so. After that DVBViewer will repeat the whole tuning process every 3 seconds, including the DiSEqC command, until data arrives.

It works regularly.

I set to 2 sec.

There is something of magic about it.

I am asking myself if you are a tem of 50 engeneers with a lot of strange and postmodern electronic stuff or two genial friends working on the table of a kitchen aften completed the tasks for the school of next morning.

Regarding Transedit let me the time to accomplish my verification task.

Ciao

Some words about TransEdit:

As far as it concerns scanning, the situation is even worse, because there are timeout values (see here), which means, the Scanner will also give up after some time. But there is a similar remedy: Retune Attempts. However, it only applies to the Scanner, not to the Analyzer, and it can make scanning quite lengthy if there are "dead" transponders in the transponder list that deliver no signal.

So I would rather use the TransEdit Positioner Console to first move the dish to the desired position, and then perform scanning or analyzing. The Positioner Console doesn't perform tuning and doesn't wait for something. It just sends the DiSEqC command, so it won't be affected. Please let me know if it works.

Positioner works well and I think it is a polite solution.

So I activate positioner, click "go to angular" and then I start scan.

Other two problems:

1) "scan all " scans the frequency listed and it is fine. On the contrary, if I "blind scan" it reaches even 8 or 9 times the same channel with a litlte modified frquency ( es. more 5, 10, 15, 20 etc.). So I have listen 8 or nine tmes the same channel and it is annoying cancel the exceeding ones.

2) If I tray to preview, it crash. Now I will test different type of channel to verify if it is a rule or if it succeeds in certain situations. If you have some suggestions I'll appreciate.

Ciao

Positioner works well

Fine ;)

if I "blind scan" it reaches even 8 or 9 times the same channel with a litlte modified frquency

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=35831

A DVB-S receiver must have a certain catch range that compensates a drift of the LNB oscillator frequency (due to LNB ageing or LNB temperature).

If I tray to preview, it crash. Now I will test different type of channel

Rather try different decoders.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%2...ow.html#Preview