2 Terratec Cinergy 1200C cards conflicting

Rutger

I recently bought DVBViewer and I am using it to control two Terratec Cinergy 1200 C cards. I want to use the two tuner cards independently so I installed two separate instances of DVBViewer using these instructions. I configured the first instance of DVBViewer to only use the first tuner, and configured the second instance to only use the second tuner.

This seems to work for a few minutes or sometimes even for a few hours (I can view two seperate channels in two instances of the viewing software, and tune both instances seperately). But then... after some time suddenly the two tuner cards start to conflict with eachother. One single instance of DVBViewer still gives no problems. But suddenly when starting the second instance, the TV image on the first instance freezes, and the image on the second instance shows half screen and stutters. It really looks as if suddenly both instances are trying to control the same tuner at the same time! (even though like I explained both instances are configured to use another tuner)! After a few seconds, a BSOD appears related to the file ttcincap.sys (most times saying IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

Both tuner cards are on their own, unshared IRQ so that can't be the problem. I have tested on Windows Vista 32 bit and 64 bit, Windows 7 RTM 32 bit and 64 bit and with the latest version of DVBViewer and with the 3.9.4-version.

Anyone who recognizes this problem or any possible solutions?

Anyone who recognizes this problem or any possible solutions?

Hi,

Yep, I had also this issue and unfortunately I do not have any solution except changing hardware setup.

I had exactly same symptoms with 2 Cinergy 1200-C cards on XP MCE using one DVBViewer instance. I tried everything and nothing fixed the issue. I also contacted Terratec support by email. First email was answered but without confirmation of the bug in the driver. Emails which I sent after the first one was not answered. I did not bothered to call to technical support.

I also contacted the DVBViewer designers and they said that issue must be in the Terratec's driver.

Finally I tried with another motherboard and confronted again this issue.

Solution was that I bought Cinergy C HD which works ok with Cinergy 1200-C. Second Cinergy 1200-C is placed on another PC.

My analysis is that there is a parallel receiver handing bug in the driver which unfortunately is not confirmed and fixed.

Edited by jakeh