HTPC mode

Oliver Irsai

Hello!

I know it is an old story... but how can I get DVBViewer to start in HTPC mode? (in other words I want the HTPC OSD screen to pop-up automatically afters start-up. So that I do not have a black screen after start and I do not have to press esc or any other key to have it.)

(Please do not tell me, that I can set it up in the General options menu, because this option (HTPC-mode) is missing. I use DVBViewer 4.2.1)

Thank You very much in advance!

Oliver

Start DVBViewer with parameter -x2110

Other OSD Windows have other codes. You find them in the actions.ini in your DVBV Installation folder.

you mean this?:

HTPC-Mode changes the behaviour of the DVBViewer. Window mode is the standard setting for normal mouse control, HTPC mode starts in full-screen/OSD mode and requires a remote control.

This is not to set in the options but to direct edit in the setup.xml. You find infos about the HTPC-Mode in the tweaks.txt that is in your DVBViewer Installation folder. But this ist not what you want to have. This is somewhate a save-mode. You can set with these that no one can make input other than channelchange for example. You better leave this :)

Start DVBViewer with parameter -x2110

Other OSD Windows have other codes. You find them in the actions.ini in your DVBV Installation folder.

I have tried it out, and it does not work... DVBViewer starts, but with the same old black screen (I do not have any channels set up), so I still have to press ESC to have the OSD come up. Any ideas?

+ I have another question: How can I make DVBViewer to "remember" the last position of the cursor and at the next start have it already there? (example: I am in the My Videos menu in some folder, then I quit. At the next start I would like to be instantly at that folder within the My Videos menu.) Is it possible?

Thanks again!

Strange.. I have tried it on Vista and XP too, on two different computers but it still does not function.

Just to make sure, it goes like from the command line:

dvbviwer.exe -x2110

Am I right?

+ I have another question: How can I make DVBViewer to "remember" the last position of the cursor and at the next start have it already there? (example: I am in the My Videos menu in some folder, then I quit. At the next start I would like to be instantly at that folder within the My Videos menu.) Is it possible?

dvbviwer.exe -x2110

more like

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -x2110

for the parameter in a shortcut you probably need the "

How can I make DVBViewer to "remember" the last position of the cursor

I think thats not possible. But I'm not sure.