No more then 65 channels on Astra 19.5°

bccrew

I just have a new 65cm Triax dish and I can perfectly watch HD channels on astra 23.5° but when I want to scan

for channels on 19.5° Astra it fails after a certain Frequency..

My dish was pointed by a technician so I guess he did his job fine with a device of 700€ to point it..

After 65 channels DVBViewer doesn't find anything anymore..

I made a movie about it:

http://mattgw.dommel.be/DVB/DVBViewer.avi

I've read this post but I can't make anything out of it.

My goal is to have the channels of the Flemish provider TV Vlaanderen because I have a smartcard of that.

I'm scanning with my FLoppyDTV S2 card. Also with my anysee E30 S2 Plus I cannot find more then 30 channels on astra 19.5°

I have a duo twin lnb

could it be this? then it's not adjusted correctly?

Or any other advise?

Thanks

bccrew

Hi,

do you use Quattro LNBs with a switch? Do you have a stand alone sat receiver to check the behaviour? What frequencies do you get?

If you only get low, high, horz or vert channels it can be the switch or the cables to the switch are not in the correct order.

Ralf

Hi,

do you use Quattro LNBs with a switch? Do you have a stand alone sat receiver to check the behaviour? What frequencies do you get?

If you only get low, high, horz or vert channels it can be the switch or the cables to the switch are not in the correct order.

Ralf

Hey ralf

I have a Duo Twin LNB

DUO-Twin.jpg

For Astra 23.5° I just user Disceq settings PosA/OptA

and for 19.5° I scan with PosA/OptB

I don't have a standalone scanner :'(

U can check the movie.. After 10979Mhz no channels are found anymore as you can see in the movie..

I only get the SkyB channels.. :)

2w3oxav.jpg

I have strong signal strength on those channels (97%)

Edited by bccrew

..maybe the technician has aligned the dish correctly but you've mounted the duo-lnb wrongly :)

If the focus is directing to 23,5E (what makes sense cos 19E is the stronger bird) the right hand feed of the dou (from standing behind the dish) should be in the center. With the left feed in the center you would receive 23/28E what is the case.

After changing this you'll probably have to switch the diseqc setting as well B)