Skystar HD2 + diseqc motor problem

c2d

I have one simple question:

Is it possible to move dish with diseqc motor using Skystar HD2?

I am unable to do this, and have no clue how to solve this.I have read other post regarding this,but it did not help.

Technisat support say that Skystar HD2 now support Diseqc 1.2,but I can't move it.

I would like to use goto function if it is possible.

I am using DVBViewer 4.0 version.

Thanks in advance.

I am using DVBViewer 4.0 version.

The current version is 4.2.1. Why don't you update? There have been a lot of changes concerning DiSEqC in the meantime. Nobody here likes to deal with problems arising from old versions.

Yes,this is the latest driver version from the Techisat,version 1.1.1.502 from 2.7.2009.

But I am having trouble with Positioner Console,I don't see it.

The Positioner item in the TransEdit Main Menu opens the Positioner Console. It is only availabe if a DiSEqC 1.2 capable device is listed under „Settings/ Hardware“

Maybe Skystar HD2 is not compatible with diseqc 1.2?

But Technisat support wrote me this:

TechniSat Support wrote:

> Dear Mr. *****,

>

> thanks for your request.

>

> The SkyStar HD2 is able to work with DISEqC 1.2. You should ask the provider

> of DVBViewer Pro how to configure this in the software.

>

> Best regards

> Support Team TechniSat Digital S.A.

> Mediacenter Betzdorf

> 11, rue Pierre Werner

> 6832 Betzdorf

> Luxembourg

Edited by Lars_MQ
Removed name
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same trouble: driver 1.1.1.502 and DVBViewer 4.2.1 - rotor is not working.

However, in the past, I had previous version of Technisat driver and some previous version of DVBViewer (4+) and this worked! Including USALS.

I will experiment with older drivers, unfortunatelly do not have older versions of DVBViewer (I have deleted them)

At least the Positioner Menu Item in the TransEdit Main Menu should be available, if a SkyStar HD2 is present. If not, please attach the file TransEdit.ini here (see Info -> Configuration Folder in TransEdit), so I can see how the card has been detected.

The issue is resolved: Technisat SkyStar HD2 driver 1.1.1.502 does not work properly on dish with DVBViewer 4.2.1

What does not work: any dish movement on diseqc 1.2

Workaround: use drivers 1.1.1.302 - this works

I can open TransEdit positioner, however dish is not moving. Even manual (after pressing buttons) move does not work.

Well, TransEdit has detected your card as Twinhan/AzureWave compatible, thus using the according DiSEqC interface, but it seems it has been changed in the driver version 1.1.1.502 somehow or it has been locked, dunno...

I have now the same, DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 + Skystar HD2 + driver 1.1.1.502 + motor SG-2100A Moteck, and everything work fine - no problem.

DVBViewer is great stable sw but I'm disapointed with poor support of positioner in DVBViewer or TransEdit. I had DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 + Skystar2 + MiBi plugin + motor SG-2100A Moteck and MiBi had progress bar during rotation, possibility to auto find strongest signal etc. Especially is missing Satellite name in OSD, Status bar and Favourites - http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

I use Vista x86 + DVBViewer 4.2.1 + motor SG2100

I installed driver 1.1.1.502 to clean system, and DVBViewer did not worked with diseqc 1.2.

Yesterday, I rollbacked to driver 1.1.1.302 (deleted 1.1.1.502 from system), and system started to work.

Afterwards I wanted to doublecheck, that 1.1.1.502 really does not work, but IT WORKED!

Please, find the attached ini files for drivers 302 and 502, both of them works now.

The ini file from my previous post is from driver 502 that does not work.

Now, I am happy, but do not know why.

TransEdit111302.ini

TransEdit111502.ini

Yesterday, I rollbacked to driver 1.1.1.302 (deleted 1.1.1.502 from system), and system started to work.

Afterwards I wanted to doublecheck, that 1.1.1.502 really does not work, but IT WORKED!

All hardware related settings in all TransEdit.ini files are the same. According to your report, installing 1.1.1.502 in a clean system doesn't make DiSEqC with DVBViewer work, but updating from 1.1.1.302 to 1.1.1.502 does. Strange... one of those Windows secrets.

I had previously installed Skystar2 with 4.5.0 driver, motor worked fine. Then I uninstalled old card with driver and installed Skystar HD2 with 1.1.1.502 driver. It works fine, I never install 1.1.1.302 or any older driver for HD2.

But Skystar2 and Skystar HD2 are completly different...

All hardware related settings in all TransEdit.ini files are the same. According to your report, installing 1.1.1.502 in a clean system doesn't make DiSEqC with DVBViewer work, but updating from 1.1.1.302 to 1.1.1.502 does. Strange... one of those Windows secrets.

The driver 1.1.1.502 has a bug - card works, but the DiSEqC 1.2 does not work, solved: off PC or reinstall driver. This bug was reproduced.

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm this,diseqc 1.2 now works with Skystar HD2 and 1.1.1.302 driver.Dish moves when I click on the channel in DVBViewer.

But I have another problem.When I move antena from one satelit to another,I don't have picture to that new channel.

I have signal to that new channel but I don't have any picture.I need to click on some other channel on the same satelit to get it working.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

Somewhere in settings is a retune every ... secs i find if i change this to 4 i'm ok and don't have to re-tune. However if you go from 30w to 30e you might still have a problem....

Sorry i can't be more helpful of setting whereabouts but i'm on laptop not at home with mediacenter!

I managed to move the dish with DVBViewer using driver 1.1.1.502 but after that

DVBViewer cannot tune in DVB-S2 channels at all (it is interesting that DVBDream can)

After restart pc, DVBViewer back to normal. Until I try again.

Same things happens in Vista and W7.

Has anyone similar experiences?