Which renderer for Windows 7 ?

supertack

Hi guys, I was enjoying DVBViewer Pro with Windows Vista using the EVR video renderer which make possible the DXVA2. However, I'm curious to know which renderer I have to use under Windows 7.

When keeping the EVR, the OSD isn't so sharp and it depends a lot of the video resolution. OSD looks nice with 720x576 channels, but not with the others. I think it is a known issue, right ?

When trying the VMR9, I got a nice OSD wich seems to be independant of the native video resolution, but my codecs (Cyberlink and Microsoft's ones) seems to have the deinterlacing capability disabled. Also, I think that video hardware acceleration is not working in this mode.

What do you think and recommend ?

Thanks !

Edited by supertack

I have the same problem as you describe.

i don't know what cause this problem.

my video card is ati 4850 , when i use driver 9.4, the problem gone.

and when i update to any driver higher than 9.4 (9.5,9.6 turn channels to green color sometime)i got this problem with EVR only.

right now i am using EVR with 9.8 driver since most of the channels i watch are 720x. also there is no more green color since 9.7 driver.

hopefully this problem will be gone with new DVBViewer or ati driver ;)

**I tested on win7 32 & 64bit.

btw, many people have same problem:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=35760

Edited by stan300