Dropped frames in versions newer than 3.9.4

dvbnzer

I am using DVBViewer to tune in to Freeview DVB-T in New Zealand. I purchased a copy of DVBViewer on 23rd March 2008, and have been using it since. Version 3.9.4 works perfectly.

I tried the beta of 4.0 a while back, and it had some problems with the video being quite "jumpy". I assumed this was just a bug in the beta, so waited till the final version of 4.0 came out, and installed that. The same problem occurred, so I reverted to 3.9.4. I have tried installing the latest version (4.2.1) today and the problem still exists, so I have reverted back to 3.9.4.

What essentially happens is that the video becomes quite "jumpy" - every 5 seconds or so the video will freeze for about 1 second, before resuming. It does not play smoothly, although the audio is fine. If I play it in full screen mode, then the video is smooth - they symptoms only occur when DVBViewer is in "windowed" mode. I am using EVR for rendering, as I have a graphics card capable of hardware decoding, with the Cyberlink codecs for H.264.

Note: This problem does not occur in DVBViewer 3.9.4, so I am currently using that version. All of the newer versions that I have tried (4.0 beta, 4.0 final, 4.2.1) exhibit these symptoms.

I have attached the support.zip file for your reference. support.zip

My tuner is a K-World DVB-T 355U (USB DVB-T tuner). OS is Windows Vista Business edition (32-bit).