DVBViewer makes my computer crash

eratt

I have a problem. When I start searching channels with DVBViewer, my computer (Acer Aspire 5315, Windows Vista) crashes. A blue screen with some text appears quickly and the computer restarts. I have the same problem with all digital tv software that I have tried. Can anyone help me?

yes... you do have a problem... with somekind of driver on your system!

driver of tv-card or driver of graphic is corrupt...

cause bluesreens appear only due driver-faults...

good luck

ouch.. 965 and intel celeron 1,8Ghz.

CPU load will be higher then normal.

settings: avoid system default for audio and video.

You should read the BSOD.

Startup the computer in safe mode.

Then right-click My Computer ->Properties (or Control Panel->System) ->Advanced->Startup and Recovery->Settings and Uncheck "Automatically Restart". That should leave you at the blue screen when it happens.

Then restart the computer and switch to normal mode.

Now, if you get the BSOD, write down the generic error which is usual:

application haq caused an illegal operation in module xxxxxx, at yyyyy

Any sort of such line, write it down and post this here.

Ok, I updated the driver for my TV stick (Artec T14), and downloaded the Artec software for digital tv at the same time. Now, when using the Artek software it won't find any channels, and with DVBViewer, it says No devices available, when searching the channels... What next?

By the way, isn't it supposed to be possible to watch tv with the Media Center in Windows Vista? How come the Media Center in my computer doesn't have this feature?

Edited by eratt
By the way, isn't it supposed to be possible to watch tv with the Media Center in Windows Vista? How come the Media Center in my computer doesn't have this feature?

If I remember correctly, Acer used to disable the Windows Media Center TV feature in their OS image because they install some crappy program of their own. I think you need a registry edit to re-enable it.

It shouldn't affect DVBViewer though.

BSOD's need to be fixed, cause a BSOD might be caused by a faulty driver, faulty applications but also hardware error.

There is no need to find other reasons related to receiving errors as long as the BSOD problem is not solved.

About the acer laptop : I would switch to XP Pro. The laptop will run a bit faster with XP compared to Vista, also more ram

will be available .

BSOD's need to be fixed, cause a BSOD might be caused by a faulty driver, faulty applications but also hardware error.

There is no need to find other reasons related to receiving errors as long as the BSOD problem is not solved.

About the acer laptop : I would switch to XP Pro. The laptop will run a bit faster with XP compared to Vista, also more ram

will be available .

Yeah, well, the BSOD problem was fixed by updating the drivers. Now the problem is that DVBViewer, as well as Media Center say that they can't find the device (i.e. the tv stick) when I try to search for the channels. Other software will start searching, but won't find any channels.

This usb-stick works only stable on Vista32, not Vista64

Also notes: You fisrst have to install the software, then remove the USB stick, restart the pc and one it has restarted insert the USB-stick again.

What does Vista report in the hardware section?

Does it say, device working properly , then it should be able to scan.

Are there any other USB devices connected to that laptop?

Swap USB port.

The artecTV software includes a signal strenght indicator, does it show signal reception?

ArtecTV has it's own DVB sofware, You shoukd test this software first.

An as DVB-T related to terrestrial transmissions, you should relocate the laptop on several places and try again .

So try even outside your home.

As soon when you pick up a signal even on a location that is not suited to view to DVB stations, then you know that You are using the wrong DVB-T stick.

if still problem : send e-mail to service at ultima.com.tw

change at to the well known character.