UPnP streaming to a Pure Evoke Flow

uglyned

Hi,

Tried connecting a Pure Evoke Flow to the recording service last night.

It connects OK and can browse through all of the structure but won't play anything.

It does support MP2 which I think the radio is broadcast in - is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

I tried this but still no luck. It's not the playing of the audio that's the problem, it's the discovery of the stream.

If I record a stream (as audio type) then the flow will recognise it as compatible and play it back without any problems. I think it just dioesn't recognise .ts files so doesn't try to play them.

Is there any way around this?

This sounds very similar to my problem with an eGreat NMT. I can play everything I have on my computer store via the Network Browser, so it has all the codecs atc. If I access the DVBViewer server, I also get perfect results on the live TV (from FreeSat) for both MPEG2 SD and H264 HD. I also see the Radio, Recording and Folders sections and the content therein, but none of these will play.

Bizarre!

Thanks, yes I am - the version from August 13.

I don't know if I understand this correctly but it might be about containers and formats/codecs, and the difference between them.

Although radio streams are streamed in mp2 format, I don't think they are advertised as mp2, I think they are advertised as ts.

So my audio player gets presented with a list of available streams (as files) when it connects but all of them end in .ts (even though those ts 'files' contain mp2 streams). The audio player doesn't recognise ts files so doesn't even try to play them.

I think that's why when I record a radio show as mp2, the player sees it and plays it fine.

Am I right?

Is there any way the recording service uPnP server can 'pretend' that these ts files are mp2 files so that the audio player will think it can play them?

Don't think so - I'd read that too.

It doesn't even try to play the files.

On the Pure Evoke, when I get to a folder full of files I can browse through them. If the Evoke recognises the file type, a 'Play' button lights up so I can play it.

When browsing through radio stations on the DVBViewer UPnP service, the 'Play' button doesn't light up - it won't even try to play it.

When I browse through the recordings folder on the DVBViewer UPnP service, any radio shows I've recorded as audio mp2 files light up the play button when I browse to them - and they play fine.

• 1 year later...