DVBViewer with MS DTV codec in Windows 7

Kenny Lam

I found that I cann't use CyberLink PowerDVD's codecs for both H264 video and AC3 audio, while it is fine to use CyberLink codec for MPEG-2 video and MP2A audio.

My computer configuration:

Intel E2160

Intel P43 + ICH10

2GB of DDR2 RAM

nVidia 9500GT with v190.62 driver

Windows 7 7600

Cyberlink PowerDVD 8.0.1017b.50

Cyberlink PowerDVD 9.0.1530.0

Attached are my settings and merit infomation of those codecs.

Video_setting.png

Audio_setting.png

result_cyberlink.jpg

Cyberlink_video_merit.png

Cyberlink_audio_merit.png

MS_merit.png

But CoreAVC works fine.

result_coreavc.jpg

Edited by Kenny Lam

AFAIK, PowerDVD9 Ultra filters are blocked by Cyberlink from using in 3rd party applications (H.264 decoder for sure) so that may be the cause. Try older versions of cyberlink decoders, for example cl264dex.ax v2.2.x. instead of 2.4.x of PDVD9.

AFAIK, PowerDVD9 Ultra filters are blocked by Cyberlink from using in 3rd party applications (H.264 decoder for sure) so that may be the cause. Try older versions of cyberlink decoders, for example cl264dex.ax v2.2.x. instead of 2.4.x of PDVD9.

I have tried both version (8 and 9) of Cyberlink decoders, it is still the same.

cyberlink have released new software specifically for viewing digital tv content that is why the powerdvd codecs no longer work go and download cyberlink powercinema 6 this will install the codecs you require. in the DVBViewer codecs list it will have pcm45 in brackets instead of pdvd8/9. also the powerdvd and powercinema audio codecs do not handle ac3 sound they simply pass it to the highest priority codec that supports ac3 for decoding.

Edited by wooshy1