Away Mode Stopping TV

Rocks

Hi,

I have my system set up as follows:

One server PC with tuner card in and running DVBViewer Pro Server.

Another PC running DVBViewer as a client

Then on the client machine DVBLink serving the stream to Windows 7 Media Center

All is working fine apart from one thing. If I set a programme to record (one which is currently showing) then press the power button on my MCE Remote, the display correctly turns off and the PC stays running (it has entered Away Mode). However if I then wake up the PC again the recording seems to have stopped when I pressed the power button.

According to the release notes for DVBViewer 4.2.1 it states: "Add: If the PC goes into the away mode the graph of the main playback is shutdown and the Viewer tells the system it can go to sleep, if wants needs to."

Therefore I'm guessing that DVBViewer is detecting this entry to away mode and stopping the TV stream. I realise that this behaviour is needed under normal circumstances, however perhaps an option could be added to disable this behaviour (maybe just if the DVBViewer window is minimized)?

Any thoughts/help appreciated!

support.zip

One server PC with tuner card in and running DVBViewer Pro Server.

I recommend using DVBViewer Recording Service as Server.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Category:DVBVi...cording_Service

If I set a programme to record (one which is currently showing) then press the power button on my MCE Remote, the display correctly turns off and the PC stays running (it has entered Away Mode). However if I then wake up the PC again the recording seems to have stopped when I pressed the power button.

On what PC do you run the recording (Server,DVBViewer Client or Windows 7)?

Recordings should not stop but Plugins in ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\ are connected to the main playback so thy will stop e.g. DVBLink.

You can try to place DVBLink in ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugins1 ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugins32 thy are connected to PiP and recordings. But I do not know DVBLink so I don't know if this will woark.

I recommend using DVBViewer Recording Service as Server.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Category:DVBVi...cording_Service

On what PC do you run the recording (Server,DVBViewer Client or Windows 7)?

Recordings should not stop but Plugins in ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\ are connected to the main playback so thy will stop e.g. DVBLink.

You can try to place DVBLink in ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugins1 ...\DVBViewer\Plugins\Plugins32 thy are connected to PiP and recordings. But I do not know DVBLink so I don't know if this will woark.

Thanks for your quick reply guys. Sorry I should have made this clearer...

My DVBViewer Client and my Windows 7 machines are the same. DVBLink basically allows to you use DVBViewer as a virtual tuner in Media Center. Therefore I do all my recordings, viewing of live TV through Media Center. As such I'm not using the recording functionality of DVBViewer. You suggest using the DVBViewer Recording service, is it possible to hook this up to Media Center, with my brief search I have not found a way?

I tried doing as you suggest, moving the plugin dll into Plugins\Plugins1 and Plugins\Plugins32 but no luck.

Thanks

I don't expect a change in DVBViewer because of Windows Media Center.

I think if you like to use Windows Media Center for recordings don't press the power button on my MCE Remote during recordings.

I don't expect a change in DVBViewer because of Windows Media Center.

I think if you like to use Windows Media Center for recordings don't press the power button on my MCE Remote during recordings.

I would suggest that this is not just MCE. It is a problem with using DVBLink with DVBViewer. And because this is a very powerful combination (I.e. Allows you to utilise the power of DVBViewer in any PVR software), it would affect anyone using this setup. Perhaps I'll raise this with the DVBLink guys to see if they have any thoughts.