Help please with juddering playback of HD Channels

byngo

Hi, I've been using DVBViewer for about 18 months now and my PC is also Bluray capable. I have had no such problems before with U.K HD transmissions or Bluray playback.

Recently DVBViewer would not playback properly one VC-1 encoded bluary movie, so I used PowerDVD instead. PDVD complained about my video driver being out of date, so having not done so for quite a while, i updated my nvidia driver to the currrent one for my 8800GT 512Mb. This solved the issue at the time and I was able to use PDVD to playback the movie just fine.

During attempts to cure that particular bluray movie playback issue with DVBViewer I also updated that to the latest version without changing anything in the configuration & set-up but that did'nt help.

Now then, I've noticed problems with playback of BBC HD and ITV HD with juddering motion. I have never seen this problem before.

I've seen similar, but not annoying, when I play back Bluray and the camera is panning. I believe this is 3:2 pulldown and nothing I can do about that on my HD Ready 32" LCD, but it does'nt trouble me much anyway.

The HD broadcasts were always very very good in comparison.

I've made sure my LCD resolution is set to 50hz, (since changing the video driver) but to no effect.

So, is my problem the update to the video driver or with the update to DVBViewer???

I have'nt changed anything else other than allowing windows updates (I'm on XP SP3).

Anything i should check/test or adjust ????

I was thinking about going back to the old video driver but though I would ask if there are any known issues and for advice here first. :wacko: