Search timers - how do they work?

pfugl

There is not much info on the search timers in the Recording services Wiki. I suppose that it should work as follows -or perhaps am I wrong?:

1. I create a search timer and select a search prase to be searched. I know that several entries in the EPG satisfies this phrase.

2. At the timer start time the search is performed. The search should result in recording timers beeing created for each program found that satisfies the search.

In my case the search runs (the pc starts and goes back to sleep), but no recording timers are created. I am running windows 7, RTM edition.

Have I misunderstood something or is there some configuration that influences this?

Or do I have a bug?

Thanks - Peter

There is not much info on the search timers in the Recording services Wiki. I suppose that it should work as follows -or perhaps am I wrong?:

1. I create a search timer and select a search prase to be searched. I know that several entries in the EPG satisfies this phrase.

2. At the timer start time the search is performed. The search should result in recording timers beeing created for each program found that satisfies the search.

In my case the search runs (the pc starts and goes back to sleep), but no recording timers are created. I am running windows 7, RTM edition.

Have I misunderstood something or is there some configuration that influences this?

Or do I have a bug?

Thanks - Peter

I finally found out how to do it. In the Search EPG panel one has to enter a search agument in the "Search for" box, then give the search a name in the "Search Preset" box, tick the "Add to autorecord search", then Save and after that create the search timer.

/Peter