Pixelated OSD

roeeb

This subject has been discussed before but I couldn't find solution yet:

When using EVR/VMR7/9 the OSD is pixelated and cannot be read properly. When using Overlay renderer it looks perfect but the video isn't.

However, when viewing the Timeline OSD (for example), everything looks perfect even with EVR.

See 2 attached pictures. On the right the one with pixelated OSD and left with Timeline OSD.

I am using Windows Vista SP1 32-bit, NVidia 7100 (on board), Core 2 Duo E6700, 16:9 LCD screen.

This is what I tried:

1. Changed H.264 codecs (PowerDVD, CoreAVC, DivX7) - no difference.

2. Changed EVR filter settings - this seems to affect the OSD but still doesn't solve the problem.

3. When setting Disable Audio/Video in DVBViewer menu the OSD looks perfect (but there is no video/audio...).

4. Changed OSD skins (like NewDefWide) - no difference.

5. Switching to Windows Vista Basic color scheme (AKA turning Aero off) - no difference

What can be done?

Edited by roeeb
What can be done?

Nothing yet. The reason why Timeline looks OK is that it is rendered via CPU, like all fullscreen OSD's. Others are rendered via GPU (graphics card) and nVIDIA and ATi drivers are quite buggy when it comes to standard renderer support...

Edited by CiNcH
they are using different methods to render OSD

Exactly. I only meant that there is no real solution for the DVBViewer currently...

Edited by CiNcH
GBPVR (with EVR)

But not Standard EVR. Instead, a Custom Presenter is used which is nothing but replacing the EVR's rendering component with an own implementation.

OSD on VMR9 is working well.

I thought so... :blush:

BTW, the pixelated OSD looks like it passed through some sharpening filter... if it any help.

No help at all. This is simply an nVIDIA EVR bug, discussed dozens of time in this forum...

You can just pray to have an EVR Custom Presenter within DVBViewer soon too B) .

• 3 weeks later...