recording service internet streaming

John Landry

I am having some difficulty streaming from the recording service. When I transcode either video or audio I only get 2 or 3 seconds of streaming and then nothing. I have tried a variety of different transcoder settings and I am getting the same results from both VLC and WMP.

If I don't use transcoding it is fine except I don't have the bandwidth for that. I am in Thailand and my DVBViewer PC is in the UK. Streaming over upnp also worked fine every time.

I would appreciate any help on this - I have been struggling with it for a long time :-)

support.zip

I am having some difficulty streaming from the recording service. When I transcode either video or audio I only get 2 or 3 seconds of streaming and then nothing. I have tried a variety of different transcoder settings and I am getting the same results from both VLC and WMP.

If I don't use transcoding it is fine except I don't have the bandwidth for that. I am in Thailand and my DVBViewer PC is in the UK. Streaming over upnp also worked fine every time.

I would appreciate any help on this - I have been struggling with it for a long time :-)

Some additional details:

Exact TV-card model and used driver version - Hauppauge Win TV HVR-4000 2.121.25351.0

Some additional details:

Exact TV-card model and used driver version - Hauppauge Win TV HVR-4000 2.121.25351.0

Actually the stream stops whether I transcode or not. This is what VLC message window outputs:

main warning: PTS is out of range (8776322), dropping buffer

ts debug: eof ?

main debug: EOF reached

main debug: finished input

VLC version on client PC is 1.0.1 Goldeneye

The problem is consistent regardless of muxer and/or transcoding settings.

Anybody?

• 2 months later...

I'm having problems with internet streaming too.

I can get picture when I select direct stream but any other option wont work. VLC and WMP both say "file cannot be found" or so. I have VLC 0.8.6i on server.

• 2 months later...

I am still trying to debug this. It was my understanding the DVBViewer service called VLC to do its transcoding when requested from the web page. However, when I start a transcoded stream and then check what's happening on the server it is DVBViewer service that is listening on port 3335 and not VLC. In fact VLC does not start up on the server at all. Can anybody elaborate on this please?

VLC 0.8.6 is old, out-of-date, not supported anymore, its encoder crashes and gives out the picture with incorrect aspect ratio (at leat for me).

The iPhone streaming is introduced in RecService, and it uses Ffmpeg instead of VLC. I suggest the regular, non-iPhone streamserver should also be changed to ffmpeg. That way, users won't have to keep 2 encoders on their PC, and also (see line 1 of this post)