Using DVBViewer Pro to watch NetStreaming of another DVBViewer Pro

Mr. Man-wai Chang

How could I use a DVBViewer Pro to watch HDTV from a remote DVBViewer that's broadcasting via the NetStream Unicast Plugin (not DVBServer)?

I tried Open URL -> http://ip_of_remote_netsteaming_dvbviewer:2345, but the local dvbvierwer only froze!

It is not possible to use DVBViewer as client for the NetStream plugin any more. This was necessary for the Recording Service streaming support.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Category:DVBVi...cording_Service

VLC Media Player could still do it.

But why was this feature removed from DVBViewer Pro?

VLC Media Player could still do it.

Yes

But why was this feature removed from DVBViewer Pro?

Because otherwise some streaming features from Recording Service would not be possible.

(and using DVBViewer as NetStream plugin client where nerve working very well you had to chose the right channel in the client)

If you like to stream to DVBViewer clients the best setup is using Recording Service as DVBServer and all DVBViewer as unicast clients.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Serv...tallation_Guide

(and using DVBViewer as NetStream plugin client where nerve working very well you had to chose the right channel in the client)

If you like to stream to DVBViewer clients the best setup is using Recording Service as DVBServer and all DVBViewer as unicast clients.

I had been introduced with DVBServer. So there is absolutely no way for DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1.0 to view

anther DVBViewer Pro's NetStream?

Any backdoor to do it? :)

I had been introduced with DVBServer. So there is absolutely no way for DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1.0 to view

anther DVBViewer Pro's NetStream?

Any backdoor to do it? :blush:

Why not use the Recording Service, it works perfectly!

And i think the developers are focusing 180% on this path

Why not use the Recording Service, it works perfectly!

And i think the developers are focusing 180% on this path

Well.... I need to figure out how to install it, then activate it and finally connect to it! :D

Give me some time .... the Recording Service is not as trivial as the DVBServer & NetStream Plugin! :)

Well.... I need to figure out how to install it, then activate it and finally connect to it! :D

Give me some time .... the Recording Service is not as trivial as the DVBServer & NetStream Plugin! :)

Use the Wiki link on top...there you have all you wanna know.

Use the Wiki link on top...there you have all you wanna know.

The wiki is not perfect, but should be usefuul. But in short:

1. install DVBViewer (latest version) on server and client

2. install Recording service on server

3. on server configure recording service via the icon in the rigth down/corner. left click, choose configure, refer to wiki

4. on client, choose Settings/Options/Recoring Service/Use recording service, set up as described in the Wiki. If you click on test connection, it should show the version of Recording Service

5. on client in Settings/options/Hardware click the + sign button, to ad virtual tuner. Choose the Unicast virtual device. Use the number of virtual devices according to the number of physical tuners on the server

6. choose the kind of tunertypes you have on the server. Click Settings

7. Type in the IP adress and Port corresponding with the Server IP adress and ports. The Autodiscovery Serverlist should show the server computername

8. If everything works, you should now be able to do a Channel Scan (if i haven't forgot something, of course :) )

To get all this running yous need to ensure that the ports are open in your firewall. If you have problem, try to disable your Firewall temporarely. If it works now, the problem is in the firewall

• 5 weeks later...

hello guys. with this configuration my stream works perfect. but i'm thinking of buying a original card of Digitalb and using it with cas interface. is it possible that 5 diferent clients can watch 5 different channels in the same time? with FTA channels 5 clients can watch 5 diferenct channel, but can recording service decrypt 5 diferent streams?Best regards to all.

Thank you for you reply. This is a limitation of recording service or is not possible with other dvb softwares too? sorry to ask this but i'm not very familary with dvb softwares. Best regards.

This is a limitation of recording service or is not possible with other dvb softwares too?

It is a limitation of the CAM. With some modules it is possible to add more streams but in all this will cause errors in the recording. And the number PIDs is limited (depends on the CAM). This would result in a different number of channels depending if there are more audio streams, subtitles in the channels.

So one-time three channels are no problem and a hour later you will get on the third channel only video but no audio or subtitles. This would be to hard to understand an would end up in a loot more support requests.

That are the reasons way it is not possible in DVBViewer and Recording Service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_access_module

• 1 year later...

The wiki is not perfect, but should be usefuul. But in short:

1. install DVBViewer (latest version) on server and client

2. install Recording service on server

.... snipped ....

8. If everything works, you should now be able to do a Channel Scan (if i haven't forgot something, of course :) )

To get all this running yous need to ensure that the ports are open in your firewall. If you have problem, try to disable your Firewall temporarely. If it works now, the problem is in the firewall

I finally took the plunge and installed DVBViewer Recording Service, with the help of this link: http://www.umpcfever.com/viewthread.php?tid=14335&extra=&page=1

I could now use both DVBViewer and an iPod as client to watch TV broadcast.

• 4 weeks later...