Feature request: Autosearch timer blacklist

jinxdone

Hello!

My problem with the recording service is that I use(and want to use!) quite lax autosearch rules - in order to match all movies and documentaries amongst other things. These autosearches are working very well for matching the stuff I want, but they also pick up some unwanted programs. It is impossible for me to make a better autosearch rules because the EPG data does not always contain enough information to differentiate the wanted and unwanted programs, other than the program names themselves. Making extra long regexp rules could work for skipping certain programs but they would too cumbersome to maintain for this purpose.

So, this leads to my request; It would be great if there was a blacklist for autosearch timers, preferably a global list (one blacklist for all the autosearch timers), however a per-autosearch-rule lists could be ok too. It should work so that after the autosearch matches something it would run it through the blacklist to see if it matches something. If it matches the blacklist it should not add it to the timers.

At the moment I have a script that I run from time to time to delete all the unwanted recordings, but it would be a lot better if the recording service had the filter built in.

So, what do you think? Anybody else have any need for this?

-jinxdone

Edited by jinxdone