Error in UserData

raks67

Hi , my DVBViewer stop after 30 minutes and show the message : Error in user data . I reinstal and use the password received in mail first time i buy the prog and same error , i do not have in computer admin or guest user just admin . If i want to record after few seconds same error : Error in UserData , Reinstal DVBViewer with the correct data . I'm not computer geek , please explain me wath i do wrong and wath is my corect user data and how i found this user data for editing . I do not understand german language , i read some topics from this error but i not found anything usefull for my skill . Thank you and wait punctual answer .

Hello,

Sorry but no answer, only some additional information. I have installed the latest Version yesterday on a windows 7 ultimate machine. I have exact the same problem.

I hope someone can help.

best regards

Andreas

Hello,

for me the solution was a new installation, with "as administrator". I'm not sure if I did this on my first installation.

Anyway, Windows 7 asked me for Adminstrator Credentials as I started the first installation.

May be there is some difference.

DVBViewer TV is running for about 1 hour now, without error message.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm supporting a friend's XP SP2 PC with DVBViewer installed. I recently installed version 4.2.1.0 and they told me they had this same error come up some while after starting and watching TV.

I'm guessing this is happening because I installed over the top of the previous version, and the user settings are corrupt somehow?

Are you sure that you used exact the same user name for downloading the setup.exe and the installation?

I didn't no. I downloaded the updated version myself and took it over on a USB stick, since the other people have dial-up. Each of us paid for our own versions, however.

Sounds like that would be the reason.

So I assume you have downloaded the new Version once for your system. Then copied this on to your friends system.

You must download the new Version for you friends system with the correct user name logins of your friends account too.

One download for 2 licences isn't possible.

So I assume you have downloaded the new Version once for your system. Then copied this on to your friends system.

You must download the new Version for you friends system with the correct user name logins of your friends account too.

One download for 2 licences isn't possible.

Thanks. That would be the reason.

• 2 months later...

userdata error.

i have experienced this too .i have read all the issues regarding the installation to avoid this .

i have deleted the cmuv registry,deleted the virtual store, reinstalled and manually typed my user name etc.

this error still keeps coming.

any help welcome?

In my case I found this was to do with the authentication password. When I installed the product I entered the password in lower case which the system authentication accepted. However when I tried to add plugins I had to re-enter the password in upper case (as per what my registration email contained).

On running the software it kept failing with "Error in Userdata" so I went into the registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CM&V\DVBViewer

and editted the Password to the CASE in the email (For me all caps)

Running DVBViewer after this presented no problems.

A quick route in the registry is to select Edit... Find and then enter your password as it should be unique in the registry.

I hope this helps other people!