Zapping via URL during web streaming?

aht961

First of all, thanks for the terrific stream server. I manage to stream using direct streaming or via the video transcoding using VLC. I have not got any problems when using a computer as a client either within LAN or via router/internet.

I have the following problem with the iPhone, however: I use VLC4iphone on the phone. I have copied the playlist file ("vlc-stream.m3u") to the "Media" folder of the iPhone. First I start streaming using the web-interface via a computer and then start playing the local playlist using the VLC4iphone. However, I have to use the web interface to change the channels on the client computer and then I can see the very same channel on the iPhone.

Is there any way to change the channel via iPhone using the iPhone's own safari and suitable URL (like with the direct streaming: URL: http://server/.../0.ts or 10.ts")? The problem with the iphone is even though I can connect to the server via web-server interface using the mobile safari and can open successfully the first child window where you have X / REC / PLAY /ImDB buttons, this version of the browser cannot open the following window where you have the channel drop-down button (as well as "start the external play" "stop streaming" buttons) and which opens after pressing the > (play button). This pages appear to be empty.

I would be very happy if you could kindly give some hints (so I do not need to set up a VNC connection using the remote desk top application - which is painfully slow).

with many thanks

Answering my own question. I think I have followed the rules, no search results and obviously no possibility to run the "support.zip" in iPhone.

Any way, I run the VNC application on the iPhone, connect to the main computer and change the channels via the web browser running on the connected computer. You do not even need to have a jailbroken Iphone, since the same author of the VLC4iphone has put an application called "streamer" on the Apple store and it is even better than VLC since, it runs on regular iPhones (no need to jailbreak), free on Apple store, and can stream in full screen (VLC4iphone cannot!) directly from the Recording service. I tested it yesterday and all you need is to start the live streaming using your computer and the web interface, then open the "streamer" in iPhone and enter the URL of your server (or by port forwarding through the router to your server) and the port 3335.

All the above made possible using the recording service as it is, therefore I have to say that it is brilliant and many thanks again to the coders envolved in the project, Lars mainly I guess? Actually to the best of my knowledge this is the only available all-in-one streamer which could do this at the moment.

I can even watch my payed channels from anywhere in the world using my phone as long as I can log to LAN. If I could change the channels directly using the iPhone, life would be much easier though :)

Edited by aht961

Under streamext.html you need to change the text inside.

Find 

<script language="JavaScript">

<!--  

function switch_to(url) {  

Now = new Date();  

document.switchimage.src = "?switch=" + url + "&id={ClientID}&" + Now.getTime();  

}  

</script>  

Replace with

<script type="text/JavaScript">

<!--

Now = new Date();

document.switchimage.src = "?switch=" + url + "&id={ClientID}&" + Now.getTime();

}

// -->

</script>

The streaming page should now work with iphone browser and you can change channels too (you might need to refresh the page). Hopefully this could be updated on the next release?

Edited by Imbalanced Zero
<script type="text/JavaScript">

<!--

Now = new Date();

}

// -->

</script>

The streaming page should now work with iphone browser and you can change channels too (you might need to refresh the page). Hopefully this could be updated on the next release?

Thanks a lot mate, that did the trick. An obvious minor bug. Now I can see the channel drop-down instead of empty page and no need to use VNC. Brilliant.

PS: A little bit off topic, with regards to my previous note: "Streamer" does function in full screen but unfortunately cannot lip sync - whereas the VLC4iphone does (but misses the full screen function). So it is up to you which one you prefer.

Edited by aht961
Thanks a lot mate, that did the trick.

Another minor problem: Now I can have the streamext pop-up displayed correctly with all buttons but "stop the server" button does close the pop-up, however, does not stop streaming. In order to stop streaming, I need either to "reload" the very same page ("streamtext" pop-up) or choose another programme and submit a new "start" command. Any way, one can live with this second problem.

Edited by aht961