Recording service

Per Raebild

I have just installed recording service 1.5.0.31 - but missing EPG info - is there any more configuration needed than checking the field receiving EPG data?

Is there existing any "usermanual" for recording service?

Thanks in advance

Per

If you setup the hardware correctly in the recording service options and enabled the EPG Update option, it should start to collect the EPG shortly after starting. This might take some time, depending on the size of your channel list.

Some explanations can be found in the wiki

I have followed the guideline for the installation, but still not having any EPG info available.

I saw the instruction You send me, after i have studied this im not sure i fully understand the settings in dbvviewer, especially

the creating unicast devices i have some problems with.

is this point important if the service is installed at the same pc as the card and the dbvviewer?

When i check the connection under DVBViewer Recording Service Settings it seems to be correct, however nothing happends with EPG info.

Any hint you can suggest me to try out?

BR per

Edited by Per Raebild

I probably missing some points, wel... to be honest not all points i understand fully - however i will keep fighting until it works :)

Im using 2 TechnoTrend Budget 1501 DVBC cards - channels and EPG works directly in DVBViewer without any problems.

Attached find the suuport.zip file

Hope You can give me a hint...

BR Per

support.zip

Changes to usermode=2 - dosnt make any difference, tried to remove install and again install - now it crash after installation, and the service cant be installed.

Any idea why how to avoid it crashes? Br Per

I gave up with this installation - however i will try again, but probably use win 7 which i just bought.

I have studied the installation manual of recording service, and have some question i feel unsure about.

In the manual there is a image showing Unicast Network Device - if i install Recording service at same computer as the DVBViewer/server, should Autodiscover still show the Server available?

The image shows under DVB Conrol Server an IP adress fex 192.168.178.24 and Serverport 4012, where does this ip have its reference to/from? DVB Unicast Device shows 192.168.178.24 but serverport 2345 - where does the ip+serverport have its reference to/from?

Pleas post a new support.zip because in the last one where many files missing.

I gave up with this installation - however i will try again, but probably use win 7 which i just bought.

I have studied the installation manual of recording service, and have some question i feel unsure about.

In the manual there is a image showing Unicast Network Device - if i install Recording service at same computer as the DVBViewer/server, should Autodiscover still show the Server available?

The image shows under DVB Conrol Server an IP adress fex 192.168.178.24 and Serverport 4012, where does this ip have its reference to/from? DVB Unicast Device shows 192.168.178.24 but serverport 2345 - where does the ip+serverport have its reference to/from?

Yes

where does the ip+serverport have its reference to/from?

The static IP is the IP from your PC in your local network. If you use the DVBViewer an Recording Service only on one PC you can use 127.0.0.1 as well.

An there are three different ports:

Web interface (80) in Recording Service:

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Service_-_Web/UPnP#Port

and DVBViewer > Options > Recording Service

Control Server (4022) in Recording Service:

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Service_-_DVBServer#Port

and DVBViewer > Options > Hardware > Unicast Network Device

Streaming Server (3456) in Recording Service:

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Servic...VBServer#Port_2

and DVBViewer > Options > Hardware > Unicast Network Device