Can't record DVB-T radio station

Radioman

Hi,

When I try to record a radio channel that is broadcast on the DVB-T network the result is a 1 kb file.

Manual recording or timer, doesn't matter; 1 kb. If I however use the Audio recorder plugin it works fine. If I also record a TV channel from the same DVB-T network, it works OK. I also noticed that the "red recording button" does not appear on the screen, while recording from DVB-T radio.

I also notice that in the EPG window it says at the bottom "Video, 16:9 without pan vectors, 25 Hz"?

If I however record from a DVB-S, it works fine with radio stations. Windows correctly identifies the file as Mpeg layer 2, but for the DVB-T generated mpg-file Windows claims it is 'Move clip".

DVBViewer Version: 4.0.0.0

Outdated. Please update to 4.2.1.

but for the DVB-T generated mpg-file Windows claims it is 'Move clip".

Same here for mp2 audio files. That's Windows...

Windows correctly identifies the file as Mpeg layer 2, but for the DVB-T generated mpg-file Windows claims it is 'Move clip".

If you use the TS container as recording output format...does it work then?

Next get a copy of ProjectX (freeware) and demux the .ts file to separate the audio, video and subtitle streams. The .mpa file is the audio stream and you can even rename it to .mp3 if you want*. After that just edit the mpa file to top and tail it and you're sorted.

(* I know it doesn't make it into a real mp3 file but most players are happy to pretend that it is.)

Edited by SimonP