ATI 4550 or 4650 low quality

z003100

Hello,

I want to upgrade my Nvidia 9500gt for an ATI HD4650 ( http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Pr...?ProductID=2942 ). Because ATI has sound7.1 build on it.

After plugged my new ATI, DVBViewer has a poor "rendering" like "frame missing" "scrolling with stops" and part of picture "scrambled". This problem appear and desappear 2 or 3 time per minute.

I plugged back my "old" 9500 GT : 100% OK

I tried an other ATi ( HD4550 ) : same problem

Does anyone know this problem on ATI ??

THANKS !

My configuration:

Asus P5Q EM

CPU INTEL dual-core 2.33 GHZ

RAM 2GB

XP pro (32)

ati catalyst 9.9 on HD4550 or 4650

Under XP, should use VMR9 video renderer and Cyberlink PDVD9 video decoder for MPEG2, CoreAVC video decoder for H.264 to have best video playback quality.

I do not have these problems with my ATI card, maby you need to reinstall windows first.

but i do have Tearig in fast moving seens, this problem is also known when playing movies no maher what card you use.

WMPC solved this problem; they have a option to render the movie using direct3d of directx.

Will DVBViewer also add this option? that would be awsome!

Please read >my thread< for using the right settings with hardware acceleration.

In most cases this is the reason for poor image quality.

You can take Google Translate for the translation.

by the way

CoreAVC use only the CPU for encoding on ATI, not the GPU.