Double/triple/quadruple/... timeshift?

patti

Hello and first of all thank you VERY MUCH for the possibility to start a recording from a timeshifted position. It has helped me a lot in the past B)

I have an idea how to improve this feature even further. As it is now, timeshift recording prevents channel change. Would it be technically possible to allow a channel switch but keep the already started timeshift recording continue in the background and the new channel would start its timeshift to a new file which would yet again allow a timeshifted recording? Hence the topic ddouble/triple/etc. timeshift.

I undestand that at the moment timeshift is only possible for a channel that is being watchedand must be somehow tied to the rendered channel. The idea of tying the timeshift to a certain channel/tuner instead of rendered feed doesn't sound impossible from my limited view of understanding the techniques behind DVBViewer.

This improved feature would make DVBViewer even better and more flexible than what it already is :blush:

Thank you for the great piece of software that DVBViewer is already at the moment, couldn't live without it :blush:

patti

Would it be technically possible to allow a channel switch but keep the already started timeshift recording continue in the background and the new channel would start its timeshift to a new file which would yet again allow a timeshifted recording?

Not in DVBViewer.

I undestand that at the moment timeshift is only possible for a channel that is being watchedand must be somehow tied to the rendered channel. The idea of tying the timeshift to a certain channel/tuner instead of rendered feed doesn't sound impossible from my limited view of understanding the techniques behind DVBViewer.

Already possible B) use normal Recordings, you can play them while they are still recording.

Alredy possible B) use normal Recordings, you can play them while they are still recording.

You missed my point, either on purpose or deliberately :blush: Normal recording does not help in case of seeing something interesting and wanting to start a recording from the beginning of the show.

patti

I have an idea how to improve this feature even further. As it is now, timeshift recording prevents channel change. Would it be technically possible to allow a channel switch but keep the already started timeshift recording continue in the background and the new channel would start its timeshift to a new file which would yet again allow a timeshifted recording? Hence the topic ddouble/triple/etc. timeshift.

There is a TimeshiftPlus plugin avaliable in the members download area abled to do what you are after (channel switching at least). The plugin is quite hard to use though and most information about it is in german.

Edited by majstang
There is a TimeshiftPlus plugin avaliable in the members download area abled to do what you are after (channel switching at least). The plugin is quite hard to use though and most information about it is in german.

Thanks for the tip. German and hard to use are no problem B)

patti