Bug of DVBViewer Pro?

Mr. Man-wai Chang

The country is Hong Kong. The stations are grouped like this:

TVB --- TVB Jade, TVB Pearl, J2, HD TVB (1080p)

ATV --- Home, World, HD ATV (1080p)

CTI --- CTI

CCTV --- CCTV

(Stations without the "(1080p)" are 720p)

The tuner is a Magic-Pro ProHDTV 3 USB tuner.

To tune to HD ATV, I needed to first tune to HD TVB, then Home, then HD ATV, then hit "View -> Rebuild Graph" one or two times.

If I just tried to tune to HDATV, it just failed.

This does not look like a signal problem because if the signal is really too weak, then no matter what you tried, it just would not work!

So is this an issue of the TV tuner driver, or DVBViewer? Or is it a tricky signal issue?

I switched back to the bundled TotalMedia for the Magic-Pro ProHDTV 3.

It can scan and tune to all channels without problem.

So it seemed that this was really an issue with DVBViewer Pro if not the driver of Magic-Pro ProHDTV 3....

If I raised the issue with DVBViewer Pro to the manufacturer of the TV Tuner USB adaptor,

I doubted that the manufacturer would care.

If I just tried to tune to HDATV, it just failed

If you want someone really help you, please describe much more in particular at least what you intend with "failed" and, please, follow the instructions you find in the link on top of this page:

Always follow these instructions. Otherwise no one can - or wants - to help you!

Meanwhile in my crystal ball I can only see two things you can dig about:

1) try setting on both "Video" and "Audio" box in "Settings / Options / DirectX / TV/RadioPre-Format Detection" AND setting off "Settings / Options / TV + Radio / Fast Channel Switching"

2) if the channels are encrypted, check out for "lazy cam" problem in this post

:blush:

• 2 weeks later...

It seemed that that particular group of channels took a bit longer time to tune to....

If I waited patiently for a minute or more, the tuning would happen automatically....

I believe those channels were not encrypted, so that scrambled bug was not relevant.

Besides, it's about real-time broadcast, not a TS file.

What other parameters are timing-relevant in addition to the two you mentioned?

What other parameters are timing-relevant in addition to the two you mentioned?

The two settings mentioned are (as you can immagine) time expensive but can resolve the rendering of some not well delivered channel (I mean in term of parameter signed in the stream...).

I haven't many clue, but in my experience other time relevant factors are the MPEG2 codec involved (some are slower to display than others...) and the channel's bandwith (channels with low/very low bandwith can take long to display...)

:(