Best GRAPHIC CARD

rapper

I want to ask experts, what kind of Graphics Card would you appreciate most for watching TV with skystar2.

What would you choose between nVIDIA and aTI (w00t)

Well I like the ATI RADEON 9800 because it does hardware mpg2 decoding, but it's expensive :dvbviewer: . WHAT WOULD YOU RECCOMEND??

you can use the old 440MMX which can also decoding MPG2.

I have a Geforce FX 5900 which have MPG2 decoding too. I can look HDTV with my Athlon XP2200 with only 30% CPU usage.

Steffen

Hi There,

i'm using a Radeon 7000 (25 EUR on Ebay) with a Celeron 950.

CPU-Load with regular TV about 35% - No dropouts or so.

With HDTV the CPU is a bit too slow - but it's still viewable (CPU-Load 100%).

Maybe a p3 would do better. :dvbviewer:

cu

Hannes

I think that is more important the filter in use with the video card.. I use Radeon 9700 with Intervideo filter. CPU from 9% to 30% with XP 1800+. I was like to use Sigma MPEG2 decoder card instead of the video card but there is the problem of the pass trough cable that is incompatible with the LCD monitor I use. :dvbviewer:

Guest Oliver

There are two important points:

1. The graphic card must feature IDCT, that means MPEG2 hardware decoding (all ATI Radeon, GF 4 MX and GF FX).

2. The video-decoder must support hardware acceleration (for example NVIDIA, Cyberlink, Intervideo, DVDExpress, Sonic)

Bye

There are two important points:

1. The graphic card must feature IDCT, that means MPEG2 hardware decoding (all ATI Radeon, GF 4 MX and GF FX).

2. The video-decoder must support hardware acceleration (for example NVIDIA, Cyberlink, Intervideo, DVDExpress, Sonic)

Bye

And what about using a STANDALONE:

SIGMA XCARD DECODER (w00t)

Can you tell me something about it?

:dvbviewer: