Recording problem - file zero byte

Per Raebild

I have installed 2 TechnoTrend Tuners and the Recording service, however it seems that one of the tuners generally start recording, but the file is corrupt and shows a size of 0 byte.

Does anybody know where i should search/look for this problem?

Best regards

Per

Edited by Per Raebild
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problem, although with a different setup (2 firedtv-c's)

Very frequently recordings fail resulting in only 0 kb files.

There doesnt seem to be any logic, sometimes with recording 2 files both fail, sometimes only 1 and sometimes none.

In the supplied support.zip, the BBC1 recording (Doctor Who) failed. This is only a short recording, but the same happens with normal length.

Edited by amontillado

I found that recordings failed sometimes when I had the EPG updater enabled on Recirding Service. The one that scrapes transponders one after the other to pick up EPG data.

I reported it a year ago but the developers said it wasn't the cause, but I turned it off and haven't had a failed recording since.

If you have EPG updater enabled, it might be worth turning it off, just to see if it makes a difference.

This isn't the MHW EPG grabber, it's the EPG Updater.

This issue has been discussed here:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...=own+recordings

There is a solution for it but it is somewhat akward to apply. Much eaiser would be to set your recording output format from .ts to .mpg and see what happens. The root of the problem has never been officially pinpointed, but im sure on what is causing this. Not allowed talking about that topic in here though.

Edited by majstang
Don't quite know what you mean with the 'can't be discussed here' quote but I only use DVBViewer / recordingn service for FTA.

Well, let say it has to do with the decision everyone with two tuners has to make, buying two cards or not. For the latterers there are not so many solutions at hand, so we are forced to use certain plugins. One of them was the culprit resulting in this problem which is described above. Not saying this is the case for these guys, but for me it was.

Edited by majstang

I have just had my first occurance of this. I have made more than 100 recordings with no issues and have just integrated the recording service with DVBViewer by setting up my unicast virtual devices and setup my EPG and bang, a zero byte recording. I was on correctly for the duration and went into standby at the correct time but no recording data? Odd. I have just got the latest recording service so will give that a go.

• 3 weeks later...

I used recording service for several months now to record radio (.mp2) . The past week i want to record television broadcasts as .ts (.mpg doesn't work either)

Recording service produces a very small file in comparison to what should be recorded. The file does not play and is corrupt.

Also posted about this here: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=273022

Hopefully this can be fixed.