Availability of older Recording Service versions

Jimmy-5-Bellies

The old DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) is available but the ESSENTIAL Recording Service isn't available then?

I reverted back to using the last (v3.x) only to find the latest recording service only supports (v4.0.0.0+)

I expected to find the last Recording Service version to support (v3.x) under the section "Older Versions" in the Members Area.

The most recent versions of DVBViewer are flawed in more ways than one (v4.0.0.0+).

- Intermittant and what seems to be completely random PC freezing!

(display crashes, monitor goes into standby & sound constantly loops)

All this even after a brand new recent install of MCE2005 SP3.

Freezing does NOT happen when using Media Center, MediaPortal, WinTV 6 or WinTV 7 indicating my WinTV card is OK.

- Certain System Clock display settings (h:mm:ss tt) cause the MiniEPG time to display incorrectly (eg. "12:... Show Title")

I know these problems are NOT your fault but they are the reasons I'm using the older DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) where these problems do not exist.

So I now find myself hunting P2P networks hoping someone has an installer of an older Recording Service shared!!!

As the developer of the Recording Service, do you have an archive of the older versions? Can you E-mail me the one I need?

Can you at least tell me which was the last Recording Service version that supported DVBViewer (3.9.4.0) so I know what to look for?

hunting P2P networks hoping someone ....older Recording Service shared!

...at least tell me ...the last Recording Service version that supported DVBViewer (3.9.4.0) so I know what to look for?

To ask this here the programmer of the Service is somewhat..... not sure amusing or disturbing?

You said "To ask this here the programmer of the Service is somewhat..... not sure amusing or disturbing?"

Lost in translation or am I supposed to understand?

Is your message a pointless post or can you actually help here???

What is wrong with searching Peer-to-Peer networks for what I want?

I can't find what I need where it SHOULD be found in the DVBViewer Members Area so what am I supposed to do?

If it was not for P2P networks, I would have never discovered DVBViewer, tried it & then eventually bought it.

I've paid for something which has now got bugs, software is supposed to get better not worse!

Do you have an installer for the last Recording Service released that supports DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0)?

What is wrong with searching Peer-to-Peer networks for what I want?

Terms of Use

By using DVBViewer Recording Service you agree to the following terms of use:

DVBViewer Recording Service is provided as a free additional software exclusively for purchasers of DVBViewer Pro. It is only available via download from http://www.DVBViewer.com. Any other kind of distribution or usage violates the copyright of the authors and is prohibited.

Please note: DVBViewer Recording Service is not part of the official DVBViewer release. Improvements and updates are provided as far as possible. Any claims to support, updates, changes or bug fixes are explicitely excluded for DVBViewer Recording Service, though. You use it at your own risk.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OF THIS SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

However, feel free to post suggestions or bug reports in the DVBViewer Forum: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/

DVBViewer Recording Service contains...

The FastMM Memory Management Unit that can be obtained from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fastmm/

The FastCode.Libraries which can be obtained from

http://fastcode.sourceforge.net/

I can't find what I need where it SHOULD be found in the DVBViewer Members Area so what am I supposed to do?

Use the current version and if ther is a problem ask for help with the current version.

Do you have an installer for the last Recording Service released that supports DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0)?

Every one else then the author how distribute things from the members section elsewhere will at least losing his access to the members section.

And it is adequate to post your answer here in the forum. There is no need to post me a PN additionaly.

If you can't help, shut up.

No I wont.

Oh, I see the last sentence isn't in the official post. :bye:

Edited by Devastation
(display crashes, monitor goes into standby & sound constantly loops)

The issue you are describing sounds a lot like the wellknow WinXP ATI Catalyst version 9.5 to 9.8 issue. If you have WinXP/MCE2005 and an ATI card. Then update to latest Catalyst driver version 9.10 or Catalyst 9.4 (which is confirmed stable with DVBViewer) and your problems should go away with more recent DVBViewer versions.

Edited by majstang
  • 3 weeks later...
The issue you are describing sounds a lot like the wellknow WinXP ATI Catalyst version 9.5 to 9.8 issue. If you have WinXP/MCE2005 and an ATI card. Then update to latest Catalyst driver version 9.10 or Catalyst 9.4 (which is confirmed stable with DVBViewer) and your problems should go away with more recent DVBViewer versions.

First of all, thanks for your response majstang, it's the only postitive response I've had so far, all the others have been childish & haven't even attempted to help.

Sorry I haven't responded to your post sooner, I've been busy elsewhere & am close to giving up with DVBViewer, I've always associated Germany with excellence in both design & engineering but this software is driving me mad.

I have a nVidia GFX card so the Catalyst issue is not the cause of my DVBViewer & PC freezing issue...

My PC consists of:

Foxconn 915PL7AE-8S Motherboard (Intel 915PL Chipset & LGA775)

Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz Processor (800MHz FSB - 2MB L2 Cache)

1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 Memory (2 x 512MB Dual Channel Mode)

128MB nVidia GeForce 6600GT PCI Express Graphics Card (by Galaxy & NOT overclocked, EVER)

Hauppauge! WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Dual Tuner DVB-T PCI Card (embedded USB2 device & VIA USB2 EHCI on PCI Card)

Realtek High Definition Audio ALC880 (onboard audio)

400W 24-pin ATX Power Supply

Have you any other possible causes or suggestions as to who I should direct this problem to?

First of all I'd like to make it quite clear that I am a registered member. :)

I have purchased DVBViewer Pro.

If it wasn't for P2P networks I would have never discovered & purchased this software.

(I have received negative comments from childish board members relating to the fact that I've broken "the rules")

I was looking for an alternative to Microsoft's Media Center, which can only source EPG data through an internet connection from Microsoft's servers and not from an aerial signal. B)

I have to be honest, I originally discovered DVBViewer (v3.6.1.2) shared on a P2P network, it came packaged in an archive with registration details for "adasko69@wp.pl" & "alexmaimeier@web.de". o:)

This was an ideal way to try out DVBViewer properly, without restriction, in order to make sure it would work fine with my Hauppauge! WinTV DVB-T card as this manufacturer or model was not in the author's help file as a hardware recommendation for use with the software.

DVBViewer (v3.6.1.2) came with the DVBViewer Recording Service (v1.1.0.0).

On 30th June 2009 I purchased DVBViewer Pro (v4.1.1) & downloaded it along with the DVBViewer Recording Service (v1.5.0.21 Beta) from the official website.

I don't mean to offend the developers but I'm sorry, the more recent versions of DVBViewer (v4.0.0.0+) are flawed in more ways than one.

I'm suffering with intermittant, and what seems to be completely random, PC freezing! B)

My display crashes, monitor goes into standby & sound constantly loops.

Freezing does NOT happen when using Media Center, MediaPortal, WinTV 6 or WinTV 7 indicating my WinTV card is OK.

Certain System Clock display settings (eg. h:mm:ss tt) cause the MiniEPG time to display incorrectly so you just can't see when the shows start or finish during the hour. (eg. "12:... Show Title")

The Recording Service timers are supposed to be able to be edited from within DVBViewer but only new timers are sent to the Recording Service's timers list and any edited changes are NOT!

These are the main reasons why I want to use the old DVBViewer & old Recording Service where none of these problems existed.

I reverted back to using DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) only to find that it doesn't come with a Recording Service like DVBViewer (v3.6.1.2) did.

The more recent Recording Service versions only support DVBViewer (v4.0.0.0) and above.

It is strange that DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) is still available for download but the ESSENTIAL Recording Service that supports DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) is NOT.

I expected to find it under the section "Older Versions" in the Members Area.

I asked the developer of the Recording Service whether he/she(?) archives the older Recording Service versions but I just got a blunt message in reply "Only the current version of the DVBViewer and the current version of the Recording Service is supported." :blush:

So I now find myself hunting P2P networks again, putting my PC at risk again, hoping someone has an installer of an old Recording Service shared!!! - Which I'm told is "against the rules" but what choice do I have if the developers are so unhelpful??? - I've paid for this damn software & I'm starting to regret it.

What was the last Recording Service version that supported DVBViewer (3.9.4.0)?

My PC hardware consists of:

Corsair XMS 1GB DDR400 Memory (2 x 512MB Dual Channel Mode)

nVidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI Express Graphics Card (by Galaxy & NOT overclocked, EVER)

Hauppauge! WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Dual Tuner DVB-T PCI Card (embedded USB2 device & VIA USB2 EHCI on PCI Card)

Maxtor 160GB SATA Hard Disk

24-pin ATX 400W Power Supply

It would be intresting to have a look at your setup, besides hardware. Please download the supporttool and post the results here. You will find it under the link http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210 on top of this page.

Supporttool information posted as requested majstang :)

The forum page "How To Post Bugs Or Problems Correctly..." also requested the following information:

Hauppauge! WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Dual Tuner DVB-T PCI Card - Hauppauge Driver (v4.3.26168.0) [16/06/08]

LGA775 Foxconn 915PL7AE-8S Intel 915PL Chipset Mainboard

Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT PCI Express 128MB Graphics Card - NVIDIA Driver (v6.14.11.8585) [30/04/09]

Regards

James :blush:

support.zip

Even if I should shut up here some suggestions :blush:

1. You have DVBViewer installed with usermode 0. Maybe you know what you have done and all accessing rights in Windows correct set. Or maybe you have installed the new versions over the old ones where 0 was default. Then you should better install with usermode =2. (I dont know your computer knowledge, maybe it would best to deinstall complete and begin with the new version from start - if so you best save the whole DVBViewer Installation Folder with all the config-files, channel.dat etc.) The new installation would save the config files in the configuration folder.

First Install DVBV then Recording Service.

2. Your RecordingService installation isn't right. For the newer versions the recordingservice should (must) be installed like described in the Recording Service Installation Guide. Please read carefully because there are many things that must be done correctly to avoid crashes and System conflicts.

3. for the newer Recordingservice svcctrl.dll from the DVBViewer/Plugins folder must be deleted if there from the older versions!

4. If done the all the steps of the guide and problems still there please post a new support.zip.

only postitive response I've had so far, all the others have been childish
looking in the mirror? :)
haven't even attempted to help
And not so little a fault is to find on your side? Edited by Devastation

Yes, it is wise to start from the beginning when experiencing these kind of troubles as Devastation suggests. When checking your supporttool results there is not much further i can contribute with since Devastation did beat me to it, besides these things:

1. I did notice Hauppauge has a more recent driver compared to the one you use. Maybe it can have an effect on this issue of yours. When doing the reinstall of your Hauppauge driver, make sure to choose the BDA driver.

2. I also did notice you have A LOT of codecs installed. It is always a good thing keeping the system as clean as possible to avoid conflicts of any kind. Pretty much treat Codec Packs of all sorts like the plauge. I suggest you to clean everything out and start with lets say Cyberlink codecs (non-beta).

So, let us know your results when done with the suggested things

:)

Edited by majstang

First of all I'd like to make it quite clear that I am a registered member. ;)

I have purchased DVBViewer Pro.

If it wasn't for P2P networks I would have never discovered & purchased this software.

(I have received negative comments from childish board members relating to the fact that I've broken "the rules")

I was looking for an alternative to Microsoft's Media Center, which can only source EPG data through an internet connection from Microsoft's servers and not from an aerial signal. :angry:

I have to be honest, I originally discovered DVBViewer (v3.6.1.2) shared on a P2P network, it came packaged in an archive with registration details for "adasko69@wp.pl" & "alexmaimeier@web.de". o:)

This was an ideal way to try out DVBViewer properly, without restriction, in order to make sure it would work fine with my Hauppauge! WinTV DVB-T card as this manufacturer or model was not in the author's help file as a hardware recommendation for use with the software.

On 30th June 2009 I purchased DVBViewer Pro (v4.1.1) & downloaded it along with the DVBViewer Recording Service (v1.5.0.21 Beta) from the official website.

I don't mean to offend the developers but I'm sorry, the more recent versions of DVBViewer (v4.0.0.0+) are flawed in more ways than one.

I'm suffering with intermittant, and what seems to be completely random, PC freezing! :angry:

Certain System Clock display settings (eg. h:mm:ss tt) cause the MiniEPG time to display incorrectly so you just can't see when the shows start or finish during the hour. (eg. "12:... Show Title")

The Recording Service timers are supposed to be able to be edited from within DVBViewer but only new timers are sent to the Recording Service's timers list and any edited changes are NOT!

These are the main reasons why I want to use the old DVBViewer & old Recording Service where none of these problems existed.

I reverted back to using DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) only to find that it doesn't come with a Recording Service like DVBViewer (v3.6.1.2) did.

The more recent Recording Service versions only support DVBViewer (v4.0.0.0) and above.

It is strange that DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) is still available for download but the ESSENTIAL Recording Service that supports DVBViewer (v3.9.4.0) is NOT.

I asked the developer of the Recording Service whether he/she(?) archives the older Recording Service versions but I just got a blunt message in reply "Only the current version of the DVBViewer and the current version of the Recording Service is supported." :(

So I now find myself hunting P2P networks again, putting my PC at risk again, hoping someone has an installer of an old Recording Service shared!!! - Which I'm told is "against the rules" but what choice do I have if the developers are so unhelpful??? - I've paid for this damn software & I'm starting to regret it.

nVidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI Express Graphics Card (by Galaxy & NOT overclocked, EVER)

It's very clear that you're not going to get any help here with the question you've asked. The cracked versions of DVBViewer have been proven to be unstable, so you should focus your effort on getting 4.2.1 working rather than pissing off the developers furthers. DVBViewer itself is not causing your computer to lock up - it's probably your graphics card, but the bug is only exposed in the newer version. You're better off just playing with decoder and/or video renderer settings until you find something that's stable.

What video decoder do you have selected for MPEG2? What video renderer are you using? Do you have the nVidia VMR Fix or YUV Mixing ticked? What graphics card driver version are you using? What version is your psisdecd.dll file?

I'm suffering with intermittant, and what seems to be completely random, PC freezing! :(

I asked the developer of the Recording Service whether he/she(?) archives the older Recording Service versions but I just got a blunt message in reply "Only the current version of the DVBViewer and the current version of the Recording Service is supported." ;)

I've paid for this damn software & I'm starting to regret it.

Oh suit yourself then. Keep posting that same message over and over again and see how far it gets you.

It's ok to not be that great with computers and need help. You're just being a stubborn, arrogant prick. You don't know what you're doing, so you blame the software.

Tosser.

Edited by CX23882-19

Why do you think there's a problem with the latest version of DVBViewer? It's fine with me.

When you joined you were member number 84,000 roughly. If there was a problem with the latest version there would be 83,999 other posts in this forum asking for a fix.

There aren't.

Go figure.