Recording and TeraBytes volumes

jeanprevaut@ifrance.com

I have had a curious behavior of the recording service and intrinsic recording capacity. The recording of .MPG files that used to work in the past with my old 300 GB hard disk does not work anymore with my new 4 TB Nas. I have done several tests with other disks, other NAS emulated by USB Ethernet shared drives, Linux partitions, etc. and finally came to the idea that the current version of DVBViewer does not properly manage the available size of volumes that have more than 999 GB free : it looks like the program “sees” them as “full” with “0 GB” free. It could be a problem linked to my local configuration but as I was able to reproduce it with a “Virgin Windows XP SP3” virtual machine, I think this could be a bug in the application. Am I the only one who has had that issue ?

Hi, thanks for the previous answers and the routing to the pre-existing thread, I was abble to solve the issue. The point was that the system account, which is the default account for services, can not access network drives. Changing the acccount on which the service is executed to a classic administrator solved the issue.